Really wanted Unlimited on 4G device,but couldn't do it

icehead13

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
The main reason I switched to VZW was to get one of the new LTE devices, but after handling them in the store, I had to go back to my iPhone 4. The Charge was beautiful and so was the Thunderbolt. They are perfect if you have a desk job with charger, but I'm on the move. Case closed.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The Droid Charges battery life has been rated as one of the best even by Engadget, but congrats on the 4.

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The Droid Charges battery life has been rated as one of the best even by Engadget, but congrats on the 4.

It is good, way better than a thunderbolt in fact.. But NOWHERE near what you get from the iphone 4.

The fact i am not by a power source all day was a HUGE contributing factor to my going with the ip4.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've never had an issue with battery life on smartphones. I had the Evo and while most people complained about the battery life I never had issues with it. I always was able to make it through a whole day easily. Same with my iPhone 4 now.

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I only briefly played with an android device, but my wife and daughter have them, and all my wife does is make a few calls and a few texts and her t-bolt wont make it through the day. My daughter has a Droid X, and her face is in it ALL day, and she carries 2 extra batteries with her as well as a car charger.

Myself coming from BB, i am used to charging every other or third day. But with the ip4 if i forget to charge at not it's not a serious issue as i feel it would make it through day without dying.

Just my personal experiences.

Pimp Lucious

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
It's all give and take. You want a 4+ inch screen, widgets and apps with the ability to constantly send/pull data from the cloud, and true multitasking, you give up battery life. You want to be an early adopter of LTE you have a source to recharge or an extra battery. I made that choice because the LTE data was just too good to go back to 3G. Matter of fact, I dropped my home internet service from Charter and tether all my devices off my Thunderbolt when at home. The LTE is on average about twice as fast as my home internet was. Hopefully Verizon doesn't pull that same BS AT&T did about tethering.

MissJennell#IM

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a charge and an i4. I get pretty good battery life on both. About the same really. But I do love my i4 a little more so use it 90% of the time.

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
It's all give and take. You want a 4+ inch screen, widgets and apps with the ability to constantly send/pull data from the cloud, and true multitasking, you give up battery life. You want to be an early adopter of LTE you have a source to recharge or an extra battery. I made that choice because the LTE data was just too good to go back to 3G. Matter of fact, I dropped my home internet service from Charter and tether all my devices off my Thunderbolt when at home. The LTE is on average about twice as fast as my home internet was. Hopefully Verizon doesn't pull that same BS AT&T did about tethering.

Verizon is getting rid of free tethering for the thunderbolt on July 6th. If you're using some app that should go away too. People such as yourself that abuse the network are the reason for tiered data.

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
How is it abuse? It's OUR data, we pay for an UNLIMITED amount of data on the UNLIMITED data plan, who are they to decide how we use it? If they feel that way about it i guess they shouldn't offer unlimited data plans... Ohhh thats right, their getting rid of it.

And besides its free right now, so no abuse is being done.

kaelinlei

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
3G and 4G unlimited data is the same. So, from what I was told from a Verizon rep is that we are grandfathered in no matter what device it is on (3G or 4G). That definitely put my mind at ease.

MissJennell#IM

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
3G and 4G unlimited data is the same. So, from what I was told from a Verizon rep is that we are grandfathered in no matter what device it is on (3G or 4G). That definitely put my mind at ease.

When I heard that we would be grandfathered in whether we get a 3g or 4g after July 7th was definitely good news!

kaelinlei

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Exactly! I do not like the new plans after 7/7 at all! This is actually the second time I've been grandfathered into unlimited (AT&T) and wondered if I was going to lose it. I just wish they would just keep unlimited on all of the carriers!

When I heard that we would be grandfathered in whether we get a 3g or 4g after July 7th was definitely good news!

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same position as you, but I just bought an LTE Mifi, it does the job very well just you can't get unlimited data with Mifi's :(

Plus I can't stand Android at all :p

Pimp Lucious

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm not, but so what if I was. Last I checked I was paying for unlimited internet. If Verizon wants to put a soft cap on that, that's their prerogative. For anyone to think that the carriers are coming along with their tiered data plans because of heavy bandwidth users shows a complete lack of understanding of the carrier's business model and their plan to nickel and dime customers to no end. ADecreasing service and jacking prices, plain and simple.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods