today my phone was working normal, then i went to pull out of the holster and it will not do anything. it is like it is shut off but will not turn on. I snyced my phone last night adding some music and removing some movies. I downloaded battlezone (a tank game) about 30 mins before this happened. any help is greatly appreciated.
    06-23-2011 02:30 PM
    today my phone was working normal, then i went to pull out of the holster and it will not do anything. it is like it is shut off but will not turn on. I snyced my phone last night adding some music and removing some movies. I downloaded battlezone (a tank game) about 30 mins before this happened. any help is greatly appreciated.
    Did you try resetting it? Hold the sleep/wake and home buttons for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
    jtanko78 likes this.
    06-23-2011 02:33 PM
    If the reset doesnt work, having you tried pluggining it into iTunes? If you have a Apple store near you, make a genius bar appt and they will handled it. They will get it back to life or replace it.
    06-23-2011 02:35 PM
    the reset worked. thats weird though because i tried to do it before i started the thread and it did not respond. why would the phone do this? what does the reset do for the phone? I notice that all the apps that were used today were still saved in the background. i would have thought that a reset would have cleared out those as well? thanks
    06-23-2011 02:40 PM
    what type of reset is that considered? a hard or soft reset? how do you perform the opposing reset and what does this do for the phone? thanks,
    06-23-2011 02:43 PM
    the reset worked. thats weird though because i tried to do it before i started the thread and it did not respond. why would the phone do this? what does the reset do for the phone? I notice that all the apps that were used today were still saved in the background. i would have thought that a reset would have cleared out those as well? thanks
    Its just a hard reset. Like a battery pull. Its electronics. Sometimes this stuff happens. Glad to hear the simple fix worked
    06-23-2011 02:43 PM
    so this is common for the iphone similar to the battery pull that is common on a blackberry? it is common for the phone to just shut down like that instead of slowing down to a crawl like previous bb's?
    06-23-2011 02:47 PM
    so this is common for the iphone similar to the battery pull that is common on a blackberry? it is common for the phone to just shut down like that instead of slowing down to a crawl like previous bb's?
    Its happened to me once or twice. Not often. Yes this is comparable to the battery pull. I do a hard reset every couple weeks just to do it
    06-23-2011 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD