I had a nightmare recently where I awoke to a world in which I was forced to buy white, $30 cables with proprietary connectors.....forced to pay 40 to 50 percent more for computers....forced to hold my phone a certain way (while still dropping calls)... and worst of all....forced to maintain the superiority of my clearly inferior gadgets
    06-20-2011 06:47 AM
    Interesting...i recently had a similar nightmare, but in my dream, i was buying computers that crashed 3 times per day, and i was forced to buy virus software that in all likelihood caused the crashing...then after only a couple of years, the computer is basically useless because it barely functions anymore and requires constant attention to things that other companies don't even break a sweat over...

i was then forced to buy phones and MP3 players that, after only a couple of years, get discontinued because nobody else wanted them and no real development ever really went into them...all while having to also buy proprietary cables for it, that are now worthless because there's no support for the product itself.

And then towards the end of the dream, i realized that i had become a blind follower of the products, pretending that they were, in some way, shape or form...satisfying to me as a user, i realized that i hated my computer, MP3 player and phone so badly that i spent my time on websites of other gadgets, talking derogatorily about them and generically following the rest of the sheep in my heard as they pretended to actually enjoy using their things...knowing deep down inside, we were all miserable. There was also this unusually slow and slightly herp derp sheep in the bunch...he looked a lot like Richard Simmons but the others kept calling it Pappy...

Thank god it was just a nightmare...

Last edited by SeanHRCC; 06-20-2011 at 07:34 AM.
    BryanTheRed and redbeard like this.
    06-20-2011 07:29 AM
    Interesting...i recently had a similar nightmare, but in my dream, i was buying computers that crashed 3 times per day, and i was forced to buy virus software that in all likelihood caused the crashing...then after only a couple of years, the computer is basically useless because it barely functions anymore and requires constant attention to things that other companies don't even break a sweat over...

i was then forced to buy phones and MP3 players that, after only a couple of years, get discontinued because nobody else wanted them and no real development ever really went into them...all while having to also buy proprietary cables for it, that are now worthless because there's no support for the product itself.

And then towards the end of the dream, i realized that i had become a blind follower of the products, pretending that they were, in some way, shape or form...satisfying to me as a user, i realized that i hated my computer, MP3 player and phone so badly that i spent my time on websites of other gadgets, talking derogatorily about them and generically following the rest of the sheep in my heard as they pretended to actually enjoy using their things...knowing deep down inside, we were all miserable. There was also this unusually slow and slightly herp derp sheep in the bunch...he looked a lot like Richard Simmons but the others kept calling it Pappy...

Thank god it was just a nightmare...

Sounds like your dream also had some time travel to sometime around 2004, give or take.
    06-20-2011 08:59 AM
    Sounds like your dream also had some time travel to sometime around 2004, give or take.
    Truthfully, i would imagine the dream spanned the better part of the last 2 decades...
    06-20-2011 09:12 AM
    06-20-2011 09:33 AM
    Lol great replies!! Too funny!
    06-20-2011 11:30 AM
    Macs don't need virus software because hackers go after Windows, because it has 92% of the market. Hackers are going after the one with the most units out there!
    06-20-2011 06:05 PM
    Macs don't need virus software because hackers go after Windows, because it has 92% of the market. Hackers are going after the one with the most units out there!
    Look out boys and girls! We have a harvard scholar on our hands!

Are you really still here? On a website about the most dominant cell phone on the market? lol...trying to take the same, tired shots at Apple products that people have been taking for years now, thinking that in some way it will some how eventually become a logical point?

To troll this hard tells me someone didn't get the iPhone they asked for for their 16th birthday, instead they got a pony ride at their spend the night party and a pack of tube socks...and in the light of safety, mom and pop bought you the latest and greatest LG phone Metro PCS had to offer...which made you the target for some cruel jokes from your circle of acne wriggled, voice cracking buddies.

To that i say im sorry, one day it'll be your time...and on that day, we welcome you to the club.

Until then...

VZWiP4 likes this.
    06-20-2011 07:46 PM
    LOL. Really. Out loud.
    06-20-2011 07:51 PM
    I speak the truth, and you know it. Besides, why would I want an iPhone with VZW when people who have them can't hold a signal? I really think that the iPhone is a good phone, but Apple needs to take care of this problem.
    Last edited by pappy53; 06-20-2011 at 08:48 PM.
    06-20-2011 08:44 PM
    BTW, it's "herd", not "heard".
    06-20-2011 08:51 PM
    Almost an entire day to find a grammatical error in my retort? You're not the caliber of troll i thought you were...what a shame, all this time i thought we were dealing with trolling with some legitimacy.

06-20-2011 09:21 PM
    Look out boys and girls! We have a harvard scholar on our hands!

Are you really still here? On a website about the most dominant cell phone on the market? lol...trying to take the same, tired shots at Apple products that people have been taking for years now, thinking that in some way it will some how eventually become a logical point?

To troll this hard tells me someone didn't get the iPhone they asked for for their 16th birthday, instead they got a pony ride at their spend the night party and a pack of tube socks...and in the light of safety, mom and pop bought you the latest and greatest LG phone Metro PCS had to offer...which made you the target for some cruel jokes from your circle of acne wriggled, voice cracking buddies.

To that i say im sorry, one day it'll be your time...and on that day, we welcome you to the club.

Until then...

Love it! LMFAO! To your comments I add this.

Perhaps one day this little troll will know what it's like to not be treated as a beta tester for half baked products that are forced to market without proper polish in the name of the almighty dollar.

Only then will he know what it is like to own a product that just works. To the troll who is working so hard to convince those that are already feasting on the fruit of apple that the apple is sour, mine tastes great and I will never intentionally buy a microsuck product again, not because I am a fanboy, but because I have seen the grass on both sides, and this grass is so much greener.

End rant.

Shackelford out.
    06-20-2011 09:31 PM
    Everything that I have said is fact, but all that you can do is attack the person. Way to go!
    06-20-2011 09:55 PM
    Facts? LMAO!

You're post started with the typical anti-apple troll opinions...then you made a comment about dropped calls from VZW's iPhone, which may be a fact...but you do another typical troll function, and that is leaving out important details that DO NOT help your agenda...like mentioning how many MORE complaints VZW has about dropped calls from their Android handsets and Blackberry handsets...

Then we go to the reception in general of the iPhone 4...i've had this phone since the release date, and i've NEVER had a dropped call because of a design flaw or holding it the wrong way...not once. People complain about dropping calls, but it has been PROVEN that markets where AT&T's service and VZW's service are lack luster make up a very large majority of those complaints origination...but you knew that already right? lol...

You also made a comment about why hackers don't go after macs...because microsoft windows based computers make up 92% of the PC market...lol, where'd you get that number? Are you reading statistics based 3-5 years ago? Even longer? The home computer share between Apple and Windows has dramatically shrunk over the last 5 years, so again...your "facts" are anything but.

And as far as the reasoning for their non-targeting of macs...sure, there is SOME truth to your words, a smaller market means a smaller target...but that's hardly the entire story. Look up UNIX underpinnings...teach yourself something useful and spend time reading instead of wasting more of our time with your useless drivel...

*Yawn*

You're boring me...anything else trollio?
    06-20-2011 10:08 PM
    BTW, it's "herd", not "heard".
    You know the logic is shot when they start attacking grammar and spelling... #justsaying
    06-20-2011 10:13 PM
    Facts? LMAO!
    06-20-2011 10:17 PM
    The logic was shot the moment he turned on his computer and decided that everything he owns is so boring, that his time couldn't be spent any better than attempting to attack Apple products...
    06-20-2011 10:18 PM
    Yeah yeah...feeding the troll...sometimes its just too easy, like this case.
    06-20-2011 10:19 PM
    The so called "troll" all you guys have taken offense to HAS stated facts.. its his opinion... attacking him makes you just discriminating against him.

It is not any different to pick on or make fun of a homosexual or a minority.

He has not attacked or insulted anyone he is just making comments "bitterly" at that for apple's model.

Coming from the *NIX/RIM world i am very disappointing with the "apple" crowd i expected more from you guys.
    06-20-2011 11:09 PM
    ... The end.
    06-20-2011 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD