The iPhone silent switch on the side of the phone is fine. But I forget to switch it on again. I've missed so many calls! Why isn't there an indicator on the screen??? Arghhhhhhhhhh!!!
    06-20-2011 12:29 AM
    there is.... it's on the status bar next (near) the battery meter... it's a little speaker with a diagonal line crossing it
    06-20-2011 01:25 AM
    No. There is no visual icon except the pop up one when you first change it. If you're jailbroken you can get it so there is an icon next to your battery that indicates if the phone is in vibrate mode.
    06-20-2011 02:20 AM
    Just found and downloaded an app called Silent4 which provides a number of alerts
    06-20-2011 03:23 AM
    What does this have to do with knowing whether or not your phone is off (as the thread title implies)?

The best way to avoid this situation in the future is...remember to take your phone off silent.
    06-20-2011 08:17 AM
    It's relevant because it's an app that lets you know if your phone is in silent modevia badges (showing how many minutes the ringer has been off) or notifications that pop up after a predetermined length of time.

I won't need it (I do use Lockinfo's silent icon though), but it sounds like pretty much exactly what the OP needs.
    06-20-2011 08:44 AM
    I thought the OP was having trouble yelling at his phones and couldn't tell them off. Titles can be so misleading.
    06-20-2011 08:46 AM
    The iPhone silent switch on the side of the phone is fine. But I forget to switch it on again. I've missed so many calls! Why isn't there an indicator on the screen??? Arghhhhhhhhhh!!!
    I can tell just by looking at the switch - if I see red above it, I know it's in silent mode...
    06-20-2011 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD