Just got an iPhone 4 yesterday (iOS 4.2.8), set it up with my G-mail account, set the device's settings to push, and it doesn't. I have to manually refresh emails, and it's mildly annoying to say the least. Anyone else having this issue or know of a solution?
    06-19-2011 11:31 AM
    Just got an iPhone 4 yesterday (iOS 4.2.8), set it up with my G-mail account, set the device's settings to push, and it doesn't. I have to manually refresh emails, and it's mildly annoying to say the least. Anyone else having this issue or know of a solution?
    I had the same issue and was told to set up gmail as an exchange account then it will push
    06-19-2011 12:52 PM
    push only works as icloud/me.com and microsoft exchange accounts! thats why it isnt working, its nothing wrong with the phone or software.
    06-19-2011 02:25 PM
    Set up your GMail account as an Exchange account, that's the only way to get push email. When you set it up as Exchange it's going to be m.google.com for the domain and server address.
    06-19-2011 03:04 PM
    push only works as icloud/me.com and microsoft exchange accounts! thats why it isnt working, its nothing wrong with the phone or software.
    Push works really well with gmail as long as it's set up as an Exchange account.
    06-19-2011 04:44 PM
    I have a link to walk you through setting it up to push, however since I'm new it won't let me post the link....PM me and I will send it to you.
    06-19-2011 05:13 PM
    06-19-2011 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD