I have had my I-Phone 4 for 4 months. Up to this point, averaging 5 1/2 to 6 hours per charge. I do a drain every other week, etc. I have been quite happy. I have noticed in the past week the battery is draining a lot quicker. Instance, last night before bed I had an 85%, when I woke up 8 hours later, it dropped to 58%, why? I had nothing running except the standard phone/messaging apps. I did have the weather channel open but not actively using. Could it have been that app due to GPS or updating?

Can anyone explain?
    06-17-2011 09:24 AM
    I have had my I-Phone 4 for 4 months. Up to this point, averaging 5 1/2 to 6 hours per charge. I do a drain every other week, etc. I have been quite happy. I have noticed in the past week the battery is draining a lot quicker. Instance, last night before bed I had an 85%, when I woke up 8 hours later, it dropped to 58%, why? I had nothing running except the standard phone/messaging apps. I did have the weather channel open but not actively using. Could it have been that app due to GPS or updating?

Can anyone explain?
    If the app was active and up on the screen it could have been. I would also say cut back your full charge cycles to no more than once a month. Li-ion batteries do not like to be fully discharged that much.
    06-17-2011 02:50 PM
    Yeah, I will cut back on that. No it was not up on the screen though.
    06-17-2011 03:02 PM
    If it continues, try a restore. If that doesnt fix it, it could really be a battery issue
    06-18-2011 02:39 PM
    Hey, I was curious on how to keep your battery life fresh. What is the full charge cycle you guys are talking about? I always just charge my phone when I go to sleep and unplug it when I wake up. Is that bad?
    06-20-2011 05:07 PM
    Hey, I was curious on how to keep your battery life fresh. What is the full charge cycle you guys are talking about?
    Full cycle charge is when you charge you battery to 100% and use it down to 20% or less then fully recharge to 100% again. Doing this a couple of times a month keeps your battery fresh and helps it last longer.
    06-20-2011 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD