4.3.3 or 4.3.1

rana.avneet

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
hey guys i just got a new iphone 4..
my phone is on 4.3.1(8g4)

1. what does the thing in brackets --(8g4) mean?
2. i want to jailbreak my phone so should i update to 4.3.3 and then jailbreak or jailbreak 4.3.1 cos ive heard 4.3.3 has battery drainage issues cos redsn0w said that the new version MIGHT fix battery drainage issues but has it realy fixed?
3.my phone is factory unlocked so does baseband gets updates if i upgrade to 4.3.3?
4.will i still be able to be on any carrier if my baseband gets updated cos my phone is factory unlocked?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

2. i want to jailbreak my phone so should i update to 4.3.3 and then jailbreak or jailbreak 4.3.1 cos ive heard 4.3.3 has battery drainage issues cos redsn0w said that the new version MIGHT fix battery drainage issues but has it realy fixed?
3.my phone is factory unlocked so does baseband gets updates if i upgrade to 4.3.3?
4.will i still be able to be on any carrier if my baseband gets updated cos my phone is factory unlocked?

4.3.3 seems fine to me as far as battery drain gos
Factory unlock I'm assuming you bought the new one the just came out so im pretty sure apple wouldn't sell you something that could not be updated
When you hook to iTunes does it say to update to 4.3.3 ? If so I would say your fine But I would call apple and ask since you did buy a unlocked phone for a reason.
The things in the backets to my knowledge are software builds ie. My iPad is on 4.3.3 (8j3) a iPhone can be on 4.3.3 also but prob a diff build same go for 3GS.
What is your current baseband? If you don't want to risk it you can use snow breeze to jb your phone without updating the baseband . Sorry I couldnt help more

rana.avneet

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
4.3.3 seems fine to me as far as battery drain gos
Factory unlock I'm assuming you bought the new one the just came out so im pretty sure apple wouldn't sell you something that could not be updated
When you hook to iTunes does it say to update to 4.3.3 ? If so I would say your fine But I would call apple and ask since you did buy a unlocked phone for a reason.
The things in the backets to my knowledge are software builds ie. My iPad is on 4.3.3 (8j3) a iPhone can be on 4.3.3 also but prob a diff build same go for 3GS.
What is your current baseband? If you don't want to risk it you can use snow breeze to jb your phone without updating the baseband . Sorry I couldnt help more

i bought it from india.
yes itunes does say upate to 4.3.3
my current baseband is 4.10.01

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site

Yes to #4.

Apple factory unlocked phones use a whitelist from their activation server so your phone will never get locked to any carrier.

I will highly recommend that you keep your receipt for the phone just incase you get any trouble (there were issues when ip4 was released and people asked for unlocked version and got locked).

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73