battery time of iphone 4?

rana.avneet

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
hello guys.
i wanted to know how long will the iphone 4 battery last with the following setings and scenarios-

-push notifications ON for Whats App,Facebook,Mail(Push ON and fetch data every 15 minutes), Foursquare, Fringe, Google, iFooty.
-brightness Full always
-jailbreaked and unlocked
-using bitesms and lockinfo and sbsettings and multicleaner and insomnia pro.
-70 % of the times 3g is on rest 30 % wifi is on. at every moment one of them is always on.but I use internet only for facebook app(for around 30 mins a day) ,whats app(30 mins a day), mail app(30 mins a day), safari or opera mini(30 mins a day)
-texting is done a lot(SMS)
-phone calls (20-30 mins a day)
-ipod(30 mins a day)

could please tell me how long wil iphone 4 last under above circumstances
1.all above plus 120mins gaming?
2.all above without gaming?

Iloveapplestuff

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing about 5 hours. Mine gets about 6 hours with brightness halfway, push off, 3G and wifi always on, iPod takes off about 10% for me in a half an hour and calls take up battery too. With that much gaming I'm guessing 3 hours. Hope I helped.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i think what is important here is that you will get through the day with your usage, i believe, and it never hurts to have a charger around (car or wall)

if you're going to have battery issues it's more than likely going to possibly come from jailbroken apps/tweaks. be careful

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You are asking for too much for us to really tell you. I doubt there is anybody who uses the phone exactly as you do. We are all unique. The only thing we can tell you, the i4 has the best battery life of any 3.5" screen and above smartphones

Cerberus2k7

May 10, 2011
Visit site
You are asking for too much for us to really tell you. I doubt there is anybody who uses the phone exactly as you do. We are all unique. The only thing we can tell you, the i4 has the best battery life of any 3.5" screen and above smartphones

This. I use probably 12-14 apps a day for around 30mins on average and some for 2 hours and I still go a full 12+/- hours before I plug it in for the night and I still have about 20-30% left.

bellizima

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Turn off 3 g and you will double your battery life!!! I talk alot and use apps and always have to recharge by 2-3 pm....if i turn off 3g it almost lasts me until 6 or 7 pm..off charger at 7am ish usually.

maaatter

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Can't tell you exactly how much, but the *average* battery life for most users is around 6 hours. The brightness and jailbreak features will be the biggest hitters for your battery drainage.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
yeah, way too hard to predict battery life. even if you know the settings, things like distance to a tower etc provide way too many variables.

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not JB, but I have the i4 hooked to a bluetooth transmitter, streaming audio podcasts all day long during work, as well as making several phone calls, and all the other apps I use throughout the day.

The other day, I forgot my charger, and wound up having to rely on my battery. I figured it was a good day to try it out. I did the same things I always do, and it stayed charged all day long.

I leave at 6:30am, and it was off the charger and going from then until 10pm that night. I had about 15% left. My usage did drop off a bit when I got home around 8pm, but I still do heavy web browsing on it at home.

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
You should test out both those senarios.
1. Use it for a week and record the battery life status daily.
2. Do the same for step one.

Now, compare after you've finished you tests.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Sorry OP, but there isn't a way to answer your questions specifically. The real world is different. How do you know your phone won't have a stuck process?

Hup55

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Well I will let you know that before I bought the iPhone 4 on Sunday I was using a BB Torch, the only positive thing I could say about the Torch was its battery life was amazing. Having said that with one full day of use Monday I was very impressed with the iPhone 4 battery life. I did 126 emails, 73 text messages listened to ipod going to and from the office and surfed. At the end of the day before turning in for the night 12:30 I had 23% battery life still left. I am very happy.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I can get about 6-7 hours of usage and 8-10 hours of stand-by. I have push on for email, Facebook and Twitter. My Wi-Fi is usually on when I'm at my apartment, and I keep 3G/data on as well.

paul100

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
iPhone Battery Life Results:

iPhone4 total time is 4.32mts
iPhone3Gs(new) total time is 3.28mts
iPhone3Gs(1 yr old) total time is 3.14 mts

we1000

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
battery time

i get last week a new iphone 4 and with some use of games, some data by safari, and some testing i get 2 days of battery.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2