I am having some battery life issues with my iPhone 4 and unfortunatly a restore from backup did not help. I need to restore it as a new iPhone but I don't want to loose all my game data. I know there are some jailbreak options for this but I am not a jailbreaker. Does anyone have suggestons on how to preserve my game data through the restore?
    06-14-2011 11:53 PM
    I am having some battery life issues with my iPhone 4 and unfortunatly a restore from backup did not help. I need to restore it as a new iPhone but I don't want to loose all my game data. I know there are some jailbreak options for this but I am not a jailbreaker. Does anyone have suggestons on how to preserve my game data through the restore?
    Can not be done restore is all or nothing with your data
    06-15-2011 12:07 AM
    Doubt your going to find anything. Even with JB apps it's tricky. Are you sure you tried all the usual things? It'd be a shame to setup as new only to have the problem still. Try these suggestions open your App switcher and kill all the running processes then plug into the cable to charge. After you plug it in then power off the phone and let it charge for about 4 hours. Then use normally see how the battery life is. How many email accounts do you have setup and are they using push or fetch? how long is the interval? Do you have any really old apps that haven't been updated since earlier firmware versions? If you do take it off the device and reboot. If it's the same put it back.
    twizler3 likes this.
    06-15-2011 12:09 AM
    Doubt your going to find anything. Even with JB apps it's tricky. Are you sure you tried all the usual things? It'd be a shame to setup as new only to have the problem still. Try these suggestions open your App switcher and kill all the running processes then plug into the cable to charge. After you plug it in then power off the phone and let it charge for about 4 hours. Then use normally see how the battery life is. How many email accounts do you have setup and are they using push or fetch? how long is the interval? Do you have any really old apps that haven't been updated since earlier firmware versions? If you do take it off the device and reboot. If it's the same put it back.
    Thanks I'll try the charging solution. I'm always good about keeping my app switcher empty and I always update my apps and stick with the current firmware (4.2.8). When I started having the battery issues I switched my email from push to manual but that didn't help either.
    06-15-2011 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD