I'm currently in Korea, found a iphone4 on the train last night it didn't have a passlock on it . When I swipe it shows i guess a usb cord, I assume it's telling me to hook it to Itunes. I tried to give it to the conductor on the train, but I don't think he quite understood me . He kept saying not my phone, so if I hook it up to my itunes with my 3GS sim card will the phone work. I hate to keep someone's phone, but i tried to turn it in. sorry for the long post
    06-14-2011 05:13 AM
    The SIM card is a different size in the 4, so your 3GS SIM wouldn't fit. You'll need to find a micro simask the official carrier for one.
    06-14-2011 07:59 AM
    Hmmm, I believe Korean iPhones are all unlocked. So provided that you cut your sim down to fit the micro sim slot the iPhone should work with your sim. It is good knowing that you tried to do the right thing and return it.
    06-14-2011 09:55 AM
    Why not call one of the contacts in the phone book that is called frequently?

Have you opened the email app and emailed the owner of the phone that you found it?
    06-14-2011 10:08 AM
    Why not call one of the contacts in the phone book that is called frequently?

Have you opened the email app and emailed the owner of the phone that you found it?
    From the description it sounds like it's in recovery mode, so he doesn't have access to those screens.
    06-14-2011 10:44 AM
    Yes I think it's in recovery mode, I haven't hook it up to my computer yet. I should get any virus or anything from it. The phone looks a little different from my roommates, just on the back the iphone logo it lower on this maybe a knock off or the Korean version.
    06-14-2011 10:53 AM
    Hmm...have you actually tried unlocking it? It just occurred to me that the "Connect to iTunes" screen would make a pretty sweet fake lock screen, especially if you replaced your unlock text with "Slide for Emergency."
    06-14-2011 10:59 AM
    Yes I think it's in recovery mode, I haven't hook it up to my computer yet. I should get any virus or anything from it. The phone looks a little different from my roommates, just on the back the iphone logo it lower on this maybe a knock off or the Korean version.
    I'm willing to bet that you won't have any problems with viruses
    06-14-2011 11:00 AM
    I hit the "Slide for Emergency", and it took me to the key pad. I guess I'll hook it to itunes and see what happens.
    06-14-2011 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD