iPhone signal problems?

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Verizon wireless forums are overflowing with complaints about "no signal". This is only on iPhones. What is going on?

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I've never had any signal problems with my VZW iPhone. I also never experienced issues with my BlackBerry phones on VZW, but did have wek signal issues with my Motorola Droid 2.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
This is actually kinda funny to read. I have been complaining how crappy the reception is on my HTC Incredible while friends with VZW iphones are getting grreat signal.... this is at work, in a factory.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Might be funny, but it's true. This is VZW Support response on forum:

TominqueBo_VZW (Wireless Employee)
Jun 9

I understand how frustrating this can be and I do apologize. Thank you community members for your continuous effort to advise us of your individual opportunity. We are aware and are aggressively working on this and it has been escalated to top priority. Along with the information we have, If everyone can refer to page 6 of this forum and Pm MikeS_VZW with the information advised so we can continue to address this issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you again for your patience,

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSuppor

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Can't say I have a problem with reception, here in Hawaii. Been with VZ for the last seven years and I can only remember three occasions in which their system went down. On one occasion, I wouldn't even count because all carriers went down due to an islandwide power outage that lasted an entire day. The other two involved RIM so can't entirely blame VZ for that, too. The reception on my iPhone is phenomenal! It has the best reception to date. I base this off of how my phone works in my office building. VZ is the only carrier that works in our elevators and basement.

jnewell

May 22, 2011
Visit site
VZW has acknowledged the problems, and says that they and Apple are looking for a fix.

The only fix to the only problem that has been documented, afaik, is the issue with bridging the gaps in the antenna ("grip of death"). Use a case or bumper and it goes away.

My iP4 gets exactly the same reception, and drops out in the same places, as my SF and my DX.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Has nothing to do with grip. They lose signal just lying on a table. Must be a software glitch, but whatever it is, is a big problem for VZW iPhone owners.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox