Debug mode

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried searching quickly but did niot find an answer...

I need to put a friend's VZW iphone 4 into debug mode so I can check the true signal strength he is getting (in db's), how do I put his phone into debug mode?

Thank you!!!

I use an HTC Incredible so the iphone is a bit different... lol... I do have an old 2G iphone I play with at home, on wifi...

Last edited by a moderator:

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Alli for fixing the title. I apologize but I am at work and was in a hurry. You see, i am currently using the Incredible, but I am having signal reception problems where I work. A few friends with VZW iPhone seem to get much better reception. If I can determine that for sure, I may switch myself to the iPhone.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Really?? No one knows how to do this? I have searched, but the top hits I get on google are ME asking the question.. LOL

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
FINALLY.... finally found the info online after days of searching. Apparently, the iphone 4 cannot be put into Field Test mode or debug mode.

At least not yet...

DataWag

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
There is a Debug Console option for the iPhone and iPad but it is for Debugging websites in Safari. It doesn't fulfill the purpose you are looking for but in case others are searching for this purpose and find your #1 google listing (as I did originally) I'll post it here:

Home screen > Settings > scroll down to the third section and select Safari > then scroll to the bottom and select Advanced > then turn on the Debug Console.

Now when you view websites, errors and hints will be listed. Great for mobile developers or any normal user with too much time on their hands.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
*3001#12345#*
Dial this on the iPhone 4, and it will go into Field Test mode. Up can see the true signal strength in the corner where the bars normally are. -116 would be no bars, whereas -47( I believe it is) would be full signal.

Last edited:

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Old thread brought back, but info is still great, thank you!

I have since switched to the iPhone myself. Jailbroken of course, lol.

Sent using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner