Apple, Use My Idea and kill SBSettings please!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
ios5settingtoggles.jpg

Scrolling, customizable on/off toggles.

Brightness controls.

That's all I want.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Android fans would be outraged as the gingerbread update has this bulit in. (they are already outraged over the new notification menu) I don't really care. I like the idea of one click access to most used settings. Maybe if not in the notifcation menu in the multitasking menu? Slide to the l;eft where the media controls are and have the option there? If no media is playing list them where the media controls are and if media is playing have them in a little menu?

Reactions: Jellotime91

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Android fans would be outraged as the gingerbread update has this bulit in. (they are already outraged over the new notification menu) I don't really care. I like the idea of one click access to most used settings. Maybe if not in the notifcation menu in the multitasking menu? Slide to the l;eft where the media controls are and have the option there? If no media is playing list them where the media controls are and if media is playing have them in a little menu?

I think it works best in the Notification Center, because there is tons of room there anyway especially when there are no notifications. Even with both currently available widgets enabled the notification center looks very blank most of the time because there are no notifications.

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
After iOS 5 comes out the only thing I'll jb for would be the sbsettings and themes. However if apple adds this to iOS 5 I will run pure. Here's to hoping!!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
What if there are notifications? Would users be able to "disable" a widget?

Well that's why the notification center scrolls. It's not like the widgets would take up the entire space, unless you want them to. Also you can make it so that notifications show up above the widgets so they are pushed down.

@brokenxreality
Yeah, I'd just like this, some sort of quickreply, and liveclock / weathericon.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Oh come on guys :p now you're just looking a gift horse in the mouth. How long will you be in that anyway? I'm in SBSettings all of 5 secs at the most.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
awesome idea! they could do it in the notification center but above it liek the search bar in apps so when there are notifications it wont be in the way but you can just pull it down and voila.

Nice mockup!!!! great design i hope apple uses this! maybe make the icons a bit smaller. but it looks great.:D

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
While I would like this as well I don't see Apple doing it. In their view they have done such a good job on battery management and everything that it is unthinkable to them that you would not use all the features all the time and would want to be constantly turning on/off the services.

I kind of agree, I never turn off the stuff like I used to do with WinMo (and did with my brief test drive of Android). For me 3G, location, and WiFi are all on 24/7 and with my iPhone I don't feel the need to manage like that anymore; that's why I got an iPhone.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The main reason I would really like to be able to quickly access settings like airplane mode and wifi is that when I'm on the subway my phone is searching for signal a LOT, and when it's doing that, the radiation levels are the most dangerous and it becomes more carcinogenic.

For safety reasons apple should allow a quicker way to at least enable airplane mode. And they have to accept reality, yes their device has great battery life, but it doesn't last forever and we would like to be able to extend it by turning off services we are not using.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices