Hi!

I'm trying to find out why skype won't work on my vzw ip4 as it used to on my bb bold....with my bb, I was able to make calls with it and not only were they clear, I could carry it on for as long as needed. With the ip4, it's very very flakey, keeps disconnecting and especially when I'm moving (i.e. in a car) will not work at all.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this? Will the jb app 3g unrestrictor help in this situation? I'm really trying to keep the ip4 but not being able to talk to my parents daily is not an option!!!!
    06-10-2011 02:39 PM
    Skype already works over 3g so 3gunrestrictor wouldn't help anything. As far as the disconnects, I do not have an answer
    06-10-2011 02:50 PM
    Do you use skype - if so, how does it work on your ip4? I'm trying to figure out if this is a local handset issue or something more widespread.

TIA!
    06-10-2011 03:05 PM
    I use Skype, but usually have no problem carrying a conversation over 3G. Obviously there could be some kind of congestion as Verizon's 3G network isn't the fastest.

I do however have issues using Skype over wi-fi which will drop the wi-fi connection, but I'm sure that's something to do with my router possibly.
    06-10-2011 05:11 PM
    cdma doesnt allow dual data flow on verizon I phone 4 and call or data interuption will disconnect the video call on skype
    07-05-2011 07:11 PM
    On my Iphone 4 I use an app called "Tango" which works on 3G with no issues. The app and the calls are free however it will be using your data if not unlimited.
    07-05-2011 08:31 PM
    when I'm moving (i.e. in a car) will not work at all.
    That is so terrbile. but I never met the situation.
    07-06-2011 02:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD