Kind of thinking out loud here... I like others had an existing apple/iTunes ID when I got my phone and subsequently signed up for Mobile Me and thus a new ID.. with no way to merge the two/change my old ID to my new ID.

So in essence all my music, games, books etc are aligned with my older ID and all my contacts, calendars, photos etc with my new ID. Is this going to be an issue?
    06-10-2011 11:37 AM
    rumor is they will announce a way to merge ids closer to launch.
    06-10-2011 12:11 PM
    Interesting.. that would be good and long overdue.
    06-10-2011 01:13 PM
    i'm pretty sure that in itunes you can change the email address and password associated with your account. then you could just change it to the new me.com one and it would be merged
    06-10-2011 03:28 PM
    i'm pretty sure that in itunes you can change the email address and password associated with your account. then you could just change it to the new me.com one and it would be merged
    Nope, that's not how it works, unfortunately!

- M
    06-10-2011 04:46 PM
    Nope, that's not how it works, unfortunately!

- M
    then what are you talking about?
    06-10-2011 09:17 PM
    You can't change your email address to a me.com address because it in itself, is already registered as a apple id. I too have two different ones and hope they come up with a way to merge them...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    06-10-2011 09:22 PM
    Actually it was someone else talking about it, but it was about merging two different Apple IDs -- which you can't do right now

You can assign a different mail address to an Apple ID, as for e-mail notifications etc. but your Apple ID stays the same

Example: You have an Apple ID that is 'lawls@mac.com' and another one that is 'iphoneluvr@mac.com' -- right now there is no way to merge these two and have all your info, apps, contacts etc. merged into one single Apple ID

You can assign a new mail address like 'lawls@homail.com' to your Apple ID 'lawls@mac.com but that only changes where Apple sends you mail, nothing else

- M
    06-10-2011 09:26 PM
    I hope that you will be able to merge. There will be a lot of upset fans if not..
    06-11-2011 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD