Linked Cards / Unified Contacts

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Under contacts you have options for "All contacts", "From my PC" and (in my case) "Exchange". When I go into the all contacts option, I see that I have some contacts that are duplicates and some that have only one listing. I also noticed that the contacts that do not have duplicates have these linked cards and are considered to have unified info. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how this works? How are they unified? What are the linked cards for? Is there any way for the user to control this? Thanks,

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to unlink them. It's pretty much the iPhone saying that those contact cards match up and joining them together to avoid duplicates.

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes I understand that. What I want to know is how to control it. How can I link the duplicate contacts. Also why is it that from my pc would have less contacts listed than what is shown in my exchange contacts. Thanks

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip rayz336. Now, is there a way to do multiple contacts at once on maybe the pc somewhere, or is it only one at a time? Also, is there a setting in the device or itunes that can be changed so that when you add a new contact they will automatically lnk? Lastly, confirm that I am understanding the benefit of this feature. Basically if i update some contact info, by linking them, it will update both back up lists? thanks,

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't found a way to do multiple contacts at a time yet. I think they will automatically link if the names for them are exactly the same. The benefit is if you're pulling contacts from different places with various details for the same people then all their info is just shown in the same place rather than separated.