Switching iPhone to new @me account?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Hey, wondering if anyone can help me with this.

So I signed up for a new @me.com account via the setup screen on my iPhone 4 (iOS 5 BETA, yes I registered my UDID and no you cant get iOS 5 working with 3G and phone calls without a registered UDID), and I want to be able to use that for the operations of my device because iCloud requires you to use @me.com for certain syncing features.

The problem is if I switch to @me.com, all my purchases are through my old account so I won't be able to update any of my apps. I tried changing my email just on the iCloud page in settings but it won't allow that.

Side note: My iPhone won't do WiFi sync, I've used the remote app with my computer before so I can't see why this is happening. My computer has never been directly connected to WiFi, but it is connected to my router which is connected to a WiFi router, and that works usually.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
wifi sync is not currently enabled on beta 1 ... You can use the @me.com for iCloud syncing and still use your apple ID for app purchases.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I was confused about this as well... it lets you create the @me account, but at least on my end, I could not put in a password... but then I used my @me to sign into mobile me and used my account password and it logged me in! (only with Find My iPhone though, but still)

I'm four variants of confused about this LOL

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I was confused about this as well... it lets you create the @me account, but at least on my end, I could not put in a password... but then I used my @me to sign into mobile me and used my account password and it logged me in! (only with Find My iPhone though, but still)

I'm four variants of confused about this LOL

For me the account creation thing worked fine, the reason why it only lets you sign into FMi is because it's not a MobileMe account, it's an iCloud account, and none of the features are available except FMi.

I don't understand how Apple wants us all to create @me.com accounts but we can not transfer our iTunes store authorization to these accounts or simultaneously use both (one for iCloud, one for iTunes) on the device.

I think they'll address this later but for now this sucks.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods