Slight water damage

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So I had my iPhone on a towel on the counter next to the sink, and somehow the towel just slid right into the sink while the water was running, and water ran over the iPhone. The iPhone was under the faucet maybe 5 seconds max, but when I got it out and dried it off, everything seemed to be working fine. The only thing that seems damaged is the speaker .. No sound is coming out of it. This happened about 10 mins ago, so I'm hoping that maybe water that got inside isn't completely dry yet. Any hopes that this water will dry up and my speaker will start working again?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
did your water sensor sticker turn red? In not, you can get away with a warranty swap at Apple. But the speaker may dry out. Give it a couple of hours

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So idk if this worked, or if it was just coincidence ... But you know how in voice memos you can hit the speaker button on and off to switch from the ear speaker to the bottom speakers? Well, I went and while a recording was playing I just toggled that speaker button on and off and voila, my speaker works again. But like I said, may just be coincidence and perfect timing lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods