1. Abs985#IM's Avatar
    I've been a BB user for four years and want to make the switch to an iPhone! Today I became eligible for an upgrade. This is my last "early upgrade" (according to a rep, Verizon will no longer be offering them), so once I make my next phone purchase, I won't be getting a new phone for another two years. It worked out well that my eligibility coincided with the WWDC because now I know the iPhone 5 won't be coming out until at least fall.

    Would you guys suggest getting the iPhone 4 now or waiting it out for the iPhone 5? I'm just not sure if the new phone will be that much of an upgrade over the iPhone 4. If it will be, then I'm in no serious rush to switch over, and I can wait. I have an iPad 2 so I'm not lacking in the apps department.
    06-06-2011 08:03 PM
  2. BLiNK's Avatar
    so the 5 is coming out in fall? must have missed that one
    06-06-2011 08:46 PM
  3. omgabunny's Avatar
    yea they announced it for fall release. no definite date but fall was stated during their presentation
    06-06-2011 08:47 PM
  4. BLiNK's Avatar
    i know iOS 5 is coming out in fall.. i was referring the the iPhone 5
    06-06-2011 09:12 PM
  5. Pithex's Avatar
    i know iOS 5 is coming out in fall.. i was referring the the iPhone 5
    OP said at least fall. They said ios 5 is coming in the fall, so ios 5 wont be coming before the fall

    I'm in a similar situation, except my berry is limping at this point and I can't make it that long (fall starts Sept. 23). So I'm either trying WebOS or going back to the iphone.
    06-06-2011 09:25 PM
  6. Abs985#IM's Avatar
    so the 5 is coming out in fall? must have missed that one
    The next time the phone would possibly be released is during that time period. For all I know, the iPhone 5 won't get released til next year. I didn't watch the press conference, so I'm not sure if they stated anything more specific. I just read it won't be coming this month.
    06-06-2011 09:31 PM
  7. Mella's Avatar
    Well, If were me, I would like to wait the iPhone 5, just as you said, you have an iPad 2, and the BB still works well, what's more, I believe the next iPhone would have great upgrade, at least the flat metal back just what I likes!
    06-06-2011 10:12 PM
  8. omgabunny's Avatar
    i dont think the next iphone will be a large refresh compared to the current 4. i myself will wait until next year perhaps when a bigger one comes out. but thats what i want to do and to each his own. im very happy with the iphone 4.
    06-06-2011 10:38 PM
  9. applefanboi's Avatar
    I'd say go ahead and make the switch now, but it's up to you. My friend has been waiting forever for the iPhone to hit Verizon, and once it did, she's still waiting for the iPhone 5 (mostly because back then it was thought that a phone may be released this year)

    To me, I'd rather have the 4 than no iOS device at all (which now that my screen is broke... puts me in that situation...) I'm fine with waiting for the iPhone 5 when my contract is up, especially now that iOS 5 is coming.

    Granted, I was the same way with the BB Storm. I knew the Storm 2 would be coming out in 3-6 months from the time I bought Storm 1, but I just couldn't wait.
    06-06-2011 11:34 PM