Verizon users screwed again

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was in the Verizon store today getting an iPhone for my wife an me today. I asked the rep who was helping us out if Verizon was getting the 4.3 update, or if they were waiting until 5 comes out. He said that he just got an email saying that 4.3 would come out next month. He was going to double check, but we got sidetraked, so I didn't get any further info. Take this info with a grain of salt as I don't have any proof.

That would be AMAZING!!! Here's to hoping it's true! haha :D

southunder

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I was in the Verizon store today getting an iPhone for my wife an me today. I asked the rep who was helping us out if Verizon was getting the 4.3 update, or if they were waiting until 5 comes out. He said that he just got an email saying that 4.3 would come out next month. He was going to double check, but we got sidetraked, so I didn't get any further info. Take this info with a grain of salt as I don't have any proof.

Fingers tightly crossed!

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
More Verizon info

I've been emailing back and forth with Verizon to see if I purchased the iPhone 4 now would I be able to update the software to OS 5 when Apple releases it in the Fall sometime. I think they must have gotten tired of my emails as they called me today about it. The Verizon rep said (again take with a grain of salt) that at this point the Verizon iPhone 4 will not be upgradable to the OS5 UNLESS Apple says different when they release it. She said that is what happened when the latest OS was done with the Android. VZ thought their phones wouldn't get the upgraded software till the day that it was released.

As far as the unlimited data plan being changed.......if you currently have the unlimited data plan you will keep that plan when the switch happens as it is "grandfathered" for existing customers.

I currently have a BB Storm 2 and while it works ok most of the time (it does self reboot sometimes), I am planning to leave RIM and get an iPhone in the very near future but now have to decide if I want to change to the iPhone 4 now and hope that the OS5 will be compatible with it or wait till the OS 5 comes out and know for sure and change then. I know it's only a few months but when you can upgrade your phone the waiting can be sooooooooooooo long. My BB has been good for the most part but it is just so restricted in apps that I'm ready to switch.

So there ya go...............I kept emailing VZ because I wanted their response about the OS 5 in writing...........that didn't happen........

Oh one more thing..............the VZ rep said that CNN is what to watch for the most reliable news on cell phone information for any carrier and VZ employees usually find out the same news at the same time..........

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been emailing back and forth with Verizon to see if I purchased the iPhone 4 now would I be able to update the software to OS 5 when Apple releases it in the Fall sometime. I think they must have gotten tired of my emails as they called me today about it. The Verizon rep said (again take with a grain of salt) that at this point the Verizon iPhone 4 will not be upgradable to the OS5 UNLESS Apple says different when they release it. She said that is what happened when the latest OS was done with the Android. VZ thought their phones wouldn't get the upgraded software till the day that it was released.

As far as the unlimited data plan being changed.......if you currently have the unlimited data plan you will keep that plan when the switch happens as it is "grandfathered" for existing customers.

I currently have a BB Storm 2 and while it works ok most of the time (it does self reboot sometimes), I am planning to leave RIM and get an iPhone in the very near future but now have to decide if I want to change to the iPhone 4 now and hope that the OS5 will be compatible with it or wait till the OS 5 comes out and know for sure and change then. I know it's only a few months but when you can upgrade your phone the waiting can be sooooooooooooo long. My BB has been good for the most part but it is just so restricted in apps that I'm ready to switch.

So there ya go...............I kept emailing VZ because I wanted their response about the OS 5 in writing...........that didn't happen........

Oh one more thing..............the VZ rep said that CNN is what to watch for the most reliable news on cell phone information for any carrier and VZ employees usually find out the same news at the same time..........

Whaaat? Wow, that Verizon rep is a complete and utter idiot... Do not listen to them. I have the beta on my Verizon iPhone right now LOL

Wow... what a stupid rep, holy cow. My mind is blown... haha

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Whaaat? Wow, that Verizon rep is a complete and utter idiot... Do not listen to them. I have the beta on my Verizon iPhone right now LOL

Wow... what a stupid rep, holy cow. My mind is blown... haha

Yep... flat out stupid rep. i continue to be amazed at the crap these cellular phone reps come up with. If it's any consolation, it's not limited to VZW... ATT & T-Mobile have 'em too. (Not actually spoken with any Sprint reps, but my money is on them, too.)

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yep... flat out stupid rep. i continue to be amazed at the crap these cellular phone reps come up with. If it's any consolation, it's not limited to VZW... ATT & T-Mobile have 'em too. (Not actually spoken with any Sprint reps, but my money is on them, too.)

Sometimes I go into Verizon stores and ask them questions I know the answers to... just to see what they come up with XD My sis got a white iPhone 4 and was eyeing the Otterbox Defender... I told her to not get it because it might mess her phone up, and the rep was like, "no, it works completely fine." I told him that many people reported problems with the proximity sensor not being accurate when using the case and that even Otterbox's website says it's not compatible... and then he was like, "Oh, yeah some guy just came in here yesterday with that problem and returned the case." I facepalmed in the store...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes I go into Verizon stores and ask them questions I know the answers to... just to see what they come up with XD My sis got a white iPhone 4 and was eyeing the Otterbox Defender... I told her to not get it because it might mess her phone up, and the rep was like, "no, it works completely fine." I told him that many people reported problems with the proximity sensor not being accurate when using the case and that even Otterbox's website says it's not compatible... and then he was like, "Oh, yeah some guy just came in here yesterday with that problem and returned the case." I facepalmed in the store...

Yep... shameful... SMH

palmprenc

May 16, 2011
Visit site
While we are on the subject of Verizon reps being wrong... my phone was not connecting to my wireless router even though it said that it was available. I called Verizon and the level 2 tech said that the iPhone constantly switches b/w 3G and wireless. I told her that this is the most counter intuitive thing I have ever hear. She said for me to lock into wireless, that I had to disable cellular data. I laughed and thanked her for her time. Turns out that my router just needed to be reset.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
While we are on the subject of Verizon reps being wrong... my phone was not connecting to my wireless router even though it said that it was available. I called Verizon and the level 2 tech said that the iPhone constantly switches b/w 3G and wireless. I told her that this is the most counter intuitive thing I have ever hear. She said for me to lock into wireless, that I had to disable cellular data. I laughed and thanked her for her time. Turns out that my router just needed to be reset.

LMAO

Wow. How much do these people get paid? I want in on this gig...

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
LMAO

Wow. How much do these people get paid? I want in on this gig...

Here's a winner:

I was in with a GPS problem. Said it couldn't lock on to me. (not my iPhone)

The guy in the store said that's because my phone is CDMA, and not a satellite phone.

These people at these stores are the biggest idiots I have ever had to talk to.
Don't even get me started on their confusion with iPhone Vs. Android.

wow........

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Verizon put almost everything feature wise in their 4.2.8 version thats in the AT&T software version. Just because AT&T one has a higher software number doesn't mean anything at this time.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Verizon put almost everything feature wise in their 4.2.8 version thats in the AT&T software version. Just because AT&T one has a higher software number doesn't mean anything at this time.

Verizon put nothing in 4.2.8. The software comes solely from Apple. It's also missing many features that 4.3 has, such as Airplay, more usable ringtones, and a faster Safari, amongst other things. There's a fairly discernible difference between the two software versions.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's a winner:

I was in with a GPS problem. Said it couldn't lock on to me. (not my iPhone)

The guy in the store said that's because my phone is CDMA, and not a satellite phone.

These people at these stores are the biggest idiots I have ever had to talk to.
Don't even get me started on their confusion with iPhone Vs. Android.

wow........

BAHAHAH yikes. Really, because it's CDMA? What dumb.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, please. When we went in to purchase my boyfriend's iPhone, they couldn't even figure out how to activate the phone. As in *228, the activation line, was too hard to remember. Eye roll.

Too funny lol when I went they had issues too but it was with them still having to hook to iTunes to get past activation screen

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2