Verizon users screwed again

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
well it looks like if you have a verizon iPhone 4 you dont get the iTunes beta update because it is for 4.3 users only what a crock. We have to wait till this fall to use any of the features from 4.3 when we get iOS 5 unless here sometime soon we get an update. For those of us that have iPads we can mess around and check things out but if you only have an iPhone from verizon your screwed.

bellizima

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
BIg red strikes again...i hate Verizon..they are all consumed with Droid and Apple is sticking it to them a little bit i bet

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this is starting to get really freaking annoying :mad: At least when I was screwed on my BlackBerry it was a device thing... it sucks to have the same phone as everyone else but because I'm on Verizon I don't get the updated stuff. We still don't have freaking AirPlay! Ugh!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
lulz, some of my co-workers (who have verizon iPhones) are heated about this very same thing.. i have at&t and a good memory

so i had to remind them of when BIG RED first came out with their iPhone and how great it was going to be.. still waiting :D

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has a long way to go to sell as many iPhones as AT&T has, so it's not really surprising who caters to whom.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
just an aside thought... iOS5 is being released for BOTH the GSM & CDMA versions at the same time...

i believe they delayed the 4.3 update for CDMA because 5 is coming out soon...

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
That's not a fair statement, as Apple was selling the iPhone 3+ years before Verizon was given a shot. I don't recall AT&T's initial iPhone release being so big and selling out as fast as it was with Verizon. Just saying.

It is a fair statement. It's strictly business. The Apple/AT&T partnership has been extremely lucrative for them both. I was pointing out the fact that BECAUSE AT&T has sold X number of units, 3G, 3GS, and i4, that naturally Apple is going to cater to them more than newcomer VZW.

southunder

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, this explains why no matter how many times I reset my phone or went into the app store nothing changed. Though I did see that when I went into my apple ID from the settings for the store that it does talk about iTunes on the Cloud beta "enabling automatic downloads or downloading a previous purchase will associate this device with your apple ID for use with iTunes in the Cloud beta."

Don't know if that's helpful or useful at all...:confused:

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I believe that Apple is more to blame for us Verizon user being stuck at 4.2x. We never had any version that AT&T iPhones used most likely because of the CDMA antenna. Hopefully, at the latest, iOS 5 will finally have both types of iPhone on the same version.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It's not the same phone. Apple has yet to release the GSM and CDMA iPhone.

Oh for Pete's sake, that's unnecessary nitpicking. Of course, it's obvious that I meant it's got the same name, and other than the changes to make it work on CDMA it's the same phone. I'm pretty sure you knew what I meant. If Apple's gonna call them all iPhone 4s, they need to treat them all as iPhone 4s.

Technically it's newer than the AT&T phone, too, so WTH. I don't give a rat's butt about the juvenile AT&T vs. Verizon bickering, either. I can't have AT&T for signal and financial reasons, VZW is the only option for me right now. It sucks to finally get the iPhone only to be constantly stuck behind... Waiting until sept or later would SUCK.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was pointing out the fact that BECAUSE AT&T has sold X number of units, 3G, 3GS, and i4, that naturally Apple is going to cater to them more than newcomer VZW.

There's no reason they have to cater to one or the other. They should be catering to both lol.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
There's no reason they have to cater to one or the other. They should be catering to both lol.
Why? Didn't Verizon say no in the first place? Isn't AT&T the reason Apple is what they are in the U.S. now? So yeah, if I'm Apple, I would cater to AT&T more than I do Verizon. I'm not saying that's what's happening, but I wouldn't have an issue if Apple was doing that.

Just like Xbox 360 vs. PS3. There are lots of Xbox exclusives because Xbox is making them more $$$ than PS3 does.

Heck, Verizon is catering more to their Droid lineup than they are iPhone. So why can't Apple do it to AT&T?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
That's not a fair statement, as Apple was selling the iPhone 3+ years before Verizon was given a shot. I don't recall AT&T's initial iPhone release being so big and selling out as fast as it was with Verizon. Just saying.

Do you recall how much the original was? I paid that price btw. Not many kids or even adults were going to shell out that much.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
As Yogi used to say "deja vu all over again"... man what a bunch of whiners ...

Jobs & Co said iOS5 would be released "in the fall" which means it won't be here for anyone "soon" (in a month or so) except the developers who already have the beta 1 available to them ... it will be here when it gets here... and it appears that it will be available for both ATT & VZW customers at the same time... so please stop the whinging...

Reactions: anneemonster

jnewell

May 22, 2011
Visit site
So, you are a registered developer?

well it looks like if you have a verizon iPhone 4 you dont get the iTunes beta update because it is for 4.3 users only what a crock. We have to wait till this fall to use any of the features from 4.3 when we get iOS 5 unless here sometime soon we get an update. For those of us that have iPads we can mess around and check things out but if you only have an iPhone from verizon your screwed.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Why? Didn't Verizon say no in the first place? Isn't AT&T the reason Apple is what they are in the U.S. now? So yeah, if I'm Apple, I would cater to AT&T more than I do Verizon. I'm not saying that's what's happening, but I wouldn't have an issue if Apple was doing that.

Just like Xbox 360 vs. PS3. There are lots of Xbox exclusives because Xbox is making them more $$$ than PS3 does.

Heck, Verizon is catering more to their Droid lineup than they are iPhone. So why can't Apple do it to AT&T?

No, that was a rumor and proved false. I don't remember who said it, whether it was someone from Verizon or Apple, but Verizon was never offered the iPhone first, Apple went right to AT&T. So yeah, that's not true.

And it's not really like Xbox versus PS3, because those are different devices. This is the iPhone 4. Two variations on the same exact device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods