so i bought this iphone 2g 16gb off of my friend
    he had it jailbroken and unlocked and a whole bunch of pictures
    so i wanted to restore it , i restored it and it told me to add a valid sim card
    i bought a go phone activated it and used that sim card
    it detected it
    then the screen looked like as follows
    it said:
    itunes logo and said to connect
    and their is a slide for emergency calls
    i can make calls and recieve calls with the prepaid sim card
    i connect it to itunes and it says activating
    and after it says that it can go through and to contact att or customer care
    i did and they werent useful att all
    soo how do i navigate throught my phone properly like any civilized human being ??/
    HELLLPPPP
    06-06-2011 01:54 AM
    You need to unlock it to use a go phone sim card when you restored the phone you un did the jail break and un lock
    06-06-2011 02:26 AM
    how would i go about unlocking it when i cant even access the basic features?
    06-06-2011 02:28 AM
    how would i go about unlocking it when i cant even access the basic features?
    Search the forums can use redsnow to jailbreak it and use a app in cydia called ultraslow to unlock it .. It will bypass the activation screen when you jailbreak or if u can get a actual att sim from a friend to borrow for a sec just to activate to get passed the screen then you can see what software is loaded and what baseband.
    06-06-2011 02:33 AM
    ay man can u send me a link were i can jailbreak it??
    06-06-2011 03:12 AM
    ay man can u send me a link were i can jailbreak it??
    Just use Google :-)
    06-06-2011 09:28 AM
    so you guys are saying if i jailbreak it it will boot up to the right screen??
    06-06-2011 11:24 AM
    so you guys are saying if i jailbreak it it will boot up to the right screen??
    Yes it will bypass the activation screen u need redsnow and the newest version Software file and just follow on screen instructions google redsnow download you will find it
    06-06-2011 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD