Any way to make alarm sound when phone is off?

Bugeyeblue

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I use my iphone for my alarm clock every morning, but would like to just leave my phone off at night. As most of you know, if the phone is off, the alarm won't sound until the phone is turned on. Any way to make the alarm sound while the phone is off? Maybe an app?
Jailbroked verizon iphone 4

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
No, but you could put your phone in Airplane mode overnight and you will not receive alerts or phone calls. Your alarm will function while in Airplane mode.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Is the verizon iPhone different? With mine (at&t) if I put the ringer switch to silent my clock alarms still sound. Just tested to double check.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Is the verizon iPhone different? With mine (at&t) if I put the ringer switch to silent my clock alarms still sound. Just tested to double check.

no it's the same, however some people do forget about the silence/vibrate switch. A friend of mine didn't hear her alarm go off because it was silent... next day she was trying to turn it on silent quickly, and I realized that she did not know about the little switch... she kept going into settings and turning everything to silent manually!

Bugeyeblue

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok, well it seems like there's no way to do what I want. I know about the mute switch and airplane mode, but it seems like the battery charge lasts longer after charging while the phone is off.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, well it seems like there's no way to do what I want. I know about the mute switch and airplane mode, but it seems like the battery charge lasts longer after charging while the phone is off.

It shouldn't ... The chip in your battery will tell the phone when to stop charging it.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You must be really hard on your battery?I run my iP4 strong all day and rarely dip below 60% before plugging in at bedtime.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen