backup question

swingracex#IM

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
is it possible to have two separate backups - i.e. one for my ipod touch and another for my iphone - on the same computer and itunes? when i plug in my iphone to itunes it wants to sync it to my ipod backup...i would like to keep my ipod setup the way it is and my iphone setup the way it is

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Well yea. They are different devices with different ID's/names, and different apps, so the backups will be different.

swingracex#IM

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
how do i setup a new backup? i had my ipod backedup...and when i originally setup my iphone i "restored" it from that ipod backup - so itunes recognizes it as an ipod and my ipod as the ipod...does that make sense?

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
how do i setup a new backup? i had my ipod backedup...and when i originally setup my iphone i "restored" it from that ipod backup - so itunes recognizes it as an ipod and my ipod as the ipod...does that make sense?

You have to restore the iphone to factory settings - then you can restore the iphone backup onto it.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
is it possible to have two separate backups - i.e. one for my ipod touch and another for my iphone - on the same computer and itunes? when i plug in my iphone to itunes it wants to sync it to my ipod backup...i would like to keep my ipod setup the way it is and my iphone setup the way it is

All devices sync independently and have their own backups.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox