I would have to say the best expense I ever did was a golf club at country club, and a round for 4.
    Good ole days.

I would love that white iphone =)
    06-01-2011 03:53 PM
    Angry Birds!!! I was on the road traveling for work, I figured it could be classified as "entertainment".
    06-01-2011 03:54 PM
    When I was a kid, my dad had a job tutoring the heir to a very large corporation through college. I got to see him expense I 400 foot long kite/windsock in the shape of a newt. He was big on kites. Collected them in this massive trailer. He took me along to a few kite events on the Jersey Shore. At the time, the newt was actually the biggest kite in the world and the price reflected that. It cost $700,000. He got a call from the company president about that particular expense report...
    Here ya go and well this did not get me employee of the month based on what it said on the expense report....but it should have.

1 adult movie from the hotel (which was explained like this: "yes it says adult movie, but that meant it was rated "R" for adults only...and yep, they believed me)
    a bunch of bananas (maybe 6 i think?)
    a pineapple
    1 large knife
    lotion
    box of tampons (claim hygiene if anyone asked)
    2 magazines (1 Sports Illustrated, 1 Maxim)
    A little mermaid pen
    cabbage patch doll
    a happy meal
    5 fish
    a hotel room for the weekend in Atlanta

Why you ask? Well, I was in Atlanta for business...so I needed the hotel room obviously I had to pick up some fruit on the way to the meeting, so I bought bananas and a pineapple because they were on sale. The knife was obviously used to slice the pineapple. While I was in the store, a coworker called me and asked if I would pick up some lotion for her because her hands were dry and she left hers in Richmond and she also left her tampons at home as well....talk about embarrassing when you have to buy all this stuff. Of course I said yes because that is what a gentleman does and plus I was already at the store and she was already arriving at the meeting. On the way out of the store I picked up the magazines so I would have something to read in the airport on the way home on Sunday. The happy meal was bought on the way back to the hotel because I was not that hungry and did not want to eat a whole lot....you know McDonalds meals are so freaking big now. The adult movie does not need any explaining if you ask me....but it does look kind of funny on the expense report with lotion on there as well.....I am sure people thought something else was done with the lotion and the adult movie. Oh and the little mermaid pen and cabbage patch doll were for a gift that I had to give when I got back home for a little one.

Oh and the fish? No I did not eat them. There was a fish tank in the meeting room where we had our meeting and luckily someone got there early and noticed that some of the fish were dead. When I finished at the store, I used the gps to find the closest pet store and picked up 5 fish to replenish the ones that were dead so we did not have to look at a sad fish tank.

You look at that expense report and it appears at first glance that this was a report from someone who is "weird" or "something is wrong with this dude." Now if that is not crazy, then I do not know what is. Oh and yes, coworkers can definitely verify this report!!!
    Strip bar expense for potential clients.
    250 dollar tip!
    06-01-2011 03:55 PM
    I worked at MacWorld Expo Boston in 1997 for a software vendor. I helped someone carry a heavy table to one of the exhibits and I ripped my pants when I bent down to lift up the table. I bought a new pair of khaki pants at a nearby Gap. When I got back to the office to file the expense report and to expense the trip, I mistyped the line item in the expense system and put "panties" instead of "pants". My manager brought it to my attention and couldn't stop laughing. He also wasn't able to change line item description in the system because I had already submitted the expense report and he approved it. At every work social thereafter, my story was always brought up for "how to file your expense report properly".
    06-01-2011 03:59 PM
    I work in a state prison and we have quite a few elderly psychiatrists working for us through a contracted company.
    Our eldest doctor somehow got approval to get a reclining futon into his office!
    Just under $1000. All he does is sleep now!
    06-01-2011 03:59 PM
    Well yea imagine that .. well let's see here there was the time when a trail of expenses were found starting from fortune cookies and a hotel with food ordered from another country, and shortly after that a trip to the country where you ask? thailand for pick up!!!!

Another one would be supplies, well ok how about oysters and gift certificates for hair cuts at vidal sassoon ? ROFL

or

perhaps the requirements for taxi cab to travel around the city to all the licks burgers only to pick up burger coupons from the managers, so he did not have to pay full price!!!
    06-01-2011 04:00 PM
    Once saw an expense for a car wash. Said the company would not want clients to see it in the parking lot.
    06-01-2011 04:01 PM
    1000$ worth of alcohol in a club lol
    06-01-2011 04:01 PM
    Let's just say I have a "friend"... The loan company that he worked for flew him from Indianapolis to LA for a 3 day conference. During the after-hours portion of the conference, my buddy met up with a couple ladies and went to a "special club" for a few drinks. He got a little wasted at the club and had to take a taxi back to the hotel. The hotel was less than 2 blocks from the club. He was surprised when he was going through his receipts, that he had to expense a less than $5 cab ride, with more than $160 tip. Oh well, the company paid, and the lesson was learned. lol
    06-01-2011 04:08 PM
    A *ahem* movie of adult nature. I was young.....
    06-01-2011 04:10 PM
    a pack of gum. not so crazy but I needed an extra $.40 to add to my stop for lunch at a "gas and go" in the middle of nowhere to meet the $5.00 minumum for the credit transaction.... Needless to say my boss had a laugh at our next confrence call with the sales team...
    06-01-2011 04:12 PM
    Working at an electronics manufacturing lab a few years back I had to order a replacement radial capacitor that had a designator of HEAD.

So the invoice read

10x RD HEAD .88 ea.
    06-01-2011 04:14 PM
    A car, In an undercover investigation, subject was a car salesman who was collecting disability and not supposed to be working. We returned the car after ;p

My wife really wants the white iphone4
    i just expensed the new imac but the craziest thing would be old rotten vegetables. i work for a produce distribution company and we have guys that come in and want to feed there animals with the raunchiest stuff you've ever seen.
    keg of beer and a bag of peanuts for food
    Last edited by jrephoto_op; 06-01-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    06-01-2011 04:16 PM
    I've seen a bill for Hooters.
    I have a son that is tired of being bullied for having a cracked iPhone 3GS.
    I expensed a bottle of Patron once that I gave to a friend as a gift.
    06-01-2011 04:17 PM
    Hahah Bail Money from when I got locked in the drunk tank during a business trip... Whoops. Couldnt make the meeting the next day if I didnt!

Tough one to explain...

-Pierce
    06-01-2011 04:17 PM
    Charged customer for completing their invoices

Put an invoice in an invoice ;]
    06-01-2011 04:18 PM
    Seadoo rental. Arrived early on a business trip and had to have something to do. Lots of fun.
    06-01-2011 04:18 PM
    I am a contractor. First and foremost, I have to say that I love the way my iDevices help me keep up with my world. I would honestly be lost without them. That being said, the craziest thing that I have seen charged to an invoice would have to be when a subcontractor of mine turned in an invoice to me with a line item for over $2000 for work he claimed he did under the house, which was amazing seeing as...wait for it...THE HOUSE WAS BUILT ON A CONCRETE SLAB!!! Unless hes one helluva miner, and im assuming he isnt, he was trying to clip me for $2000. Needless to say we parted ways, but I thought it was rather hilarious. The funny thing is he actually agreed to meet me at the property. Guess he forgot who he was actually scamming that week .

P.S. My wife really wants a white iPhone so this would be a great gift TiPB!!!
    06-01-2011 04:20 PM
681 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD