Toilet paper..

Cause when you run out, well..
    06-09-2011 10:59 AM
    So back in 2003 I worked in the marketing and artist development department at Island Records. They decided to send me on the road and my job was I was basically running the street team from the road, setting up meet and greets with the artists and fans, setting up radio interviews, and just taking care of general stuff that the artist may need. One week we were on our way to soundcheck at the venue and one of our vehicles broke down just outside Kansas City. I waited for the towtruck to show up and when they did it was a truck from a company called Hooker's Towing. So they towed the van and I headed off to the venue. That night we had a huge meet and greet with the artist and about 100 fans and the label decided that to do something nice for the dedicated fans they wanted me to order pizza for them so I purchased 15 pizzas. Later in the week we were in Southern California for a large festival and the band decided to throw an afterparty so we purchased a keg of cheap beer and while I was out picking up the keg one of the band members called and asked if I could pick him up a box of condoms. So at the end of the week I sent in my expense report like I had done many times before, sometimes with random items on it and I really had thought nothing of it. That is until that next monday when I recieved a call from someone in accounting asking me to explain some of the charges but before doing so she had sent out a companywide memo about what is expensable. You see the towing company just showed up on my company card as "Hooker's" and in that email she sent about what is expensable she sent a screenshot of my expense report that included among other things 15 pizzas, a keg of beer, condoms, and "Hooker's". In the memo she stated "It does not matter how rough of a night you have some things are not considered expensable." Although an embarassing experience after that I was basically a legend in the office.
    06-09-2011 01:12 PM
    $400 worth of vintage eye-ware, $50 temporary tattoos, and cab fare for an academy award winner-all in one day.
    06-09-2011 04:28 PM
    Where we had a project happening a couple of years ago, there was an endangered special of owl. While I was on site, one of the little buggers managed to break a wing while spiraling near a flagpole.

Wound up putting the vet bill on my expense report. (and Later had to explain to the EPA and some activists why the heck my name was on the bill for an endangered bird.... *sigh*)
    06-09-2011 04:48 PM
    How about a international trip with MacBook and 2 weeks in India
    06-09-2011 11:16 PM
    very nice~~~~
    06-10-2011 07:59 AM
681 ... 262728
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD