White iPhone problems?

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Can white iphone users post their experience? I'm a little nervous about getting the white iPhone after the problems I read. Proximity issues, yellow screens, otterbox cases not working? Thanks

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a white iPhone 4 and have not had any issues, the at&t rep told me about the otterbox cases not working properly which I am okay with because those cases make the phone huge.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Proximity sensor is better than the black. No issues for me. Otterbox Defenders wont work due to the white i4 .02mm thicker. But whats the point of a white i4 if it totally covered with a defender?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
No proximity sensor issues. To my surprise, my Otterbox Defender fit just fine.

mine may if I was to sqeeze it together. Not forcing it. Didnt want to snap together. But I dont mind as the Defender would just hide the phone anyways. I gave mine to my bro n law

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
mine may if I was to sqeeze it together. Not forcing it. Didnt want to snap together. But I dont mind as the Defender would just hide the phone anyways. I gave mine to my bro n law

I thought I'd have a struggle. I didn't even have to squeeze. I thought for sure
I'd have a problem. The case I have is more like a first batch. I remember buying
it maybe about a month or so after it was released on Ebay. I think it varies.
When did you get yours?

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Proximity sensor is better than the black. No issues for me. Otterbox Defenders wont work due to the white i4 .02mm thicker. But whats the point of a white i4 if it totally covered with a defender?

Better than the black really? Yeah good point, I just wasn't clear on what the issue with the Otterbox cases really were. I assumed proximity sensor, not the 2mm difference.

No proximity sensor issues. To my surprise, my Otterbox Defender fit just fine.

Thanks for confirming!!

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I guess people have fussed so much over it, I figured I'd ask. Getting it today. So excited!!! Just wish AT&T offered unlimited data. Oh well.

Msvoluptous#IM

May 1, 2011
Visit site
5fa6f8fe.jpg

I have a White IPhone in a OtterBox Defender case and i bought it from ATT and it fits BEAUTIFULLY!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
The at&t reps told me to stay away from the otterbox with the white iPhone, is your white iPhone modded or originally white?