Verizon throttling data!!!

dcsr23#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't think your being throttled, as I've had Droids that are comparable in speed. It's just the network. Getting over 1Mbps is probably a godsend, because I've rarely had it. The future is LTE so I'd just wait until you can get the LTE iPhone or move to one of the LTE Droids if you do a lot of multimedia over the network, the LTE speed is ridiculous.

As much as I like my iPhone, I had to move it to second duty compared to my Thunderbolt because I like to stream a lot of media (and flash doesn't hurt either). 12 Mbps down on avg is awesome, as long as you keep a power outlet nearby...lol

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Ya'll do know you can have "full bars" and poor speed right?

The bars represent signal strength. Not cellular data speed.

But as many have pointed out here; it has a lot to do with how many people are on that tower.

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Verizon doesn't throttle smartphone data, the only one they can is mobile broadband connections, which they dont do anymore either. Your probably just in a crappy data area.

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
If you're using the speedtest.net app, it's extremely inaccurate, my house has a 12 megabit connection but it always reads around 8 on my iPhone when my computer shows 11.5-12.5 down. You aren't being throttled.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner