Connect to PC, instant notifications?

amongthefirst

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello.

I have an iPhone 3G that I use around the house as an iPod (it's no longer connected to AT&T), which is connected to my Wi-Fi.

Recently, I've noticed that whenever I connect it to my PC to sync/charge, the notifications are instant. Usually, when it's not connected to my PC, the notifications are slow, coming in 5-10 minutes after the event has occurred. Is this rare, or does this usually occur? (This never occurs when it is connected to an outlet.)

For example, let's say someone started following me on Twitter, and I receive a notification about it through the Echofon app. Well, if it's not connected to my PC, I usually receive it five minutes after the person started following me. But if it is connected to my PC, I receive it instantly -- as soon as the person starts following me.

I am aware that the iPhone 3G is outdated, and is probably not capable of receiving instant notifications (except for text, etc.), which is why I find this puzzling.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

BTW, I'm running iOS 4.1.

P.S. I've searched the forum, but nothing similar came up. Also, I hope I posted this in the correct location, as I am a new member.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
This is pretty strange behavior. Have you done tests and confirmed that it happens like this? I will look around and play with my old 3G tonight and see if it behaves in a similar manner.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
thats very strange behavior, I have a 3GS and I havent noticed anything like this with mine, although yours is a 3G lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro