iP4 - MMS sending/receiving issue

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Have been having an on-going issue whereby I can't send/receive MMS messages. Long story short - Vodafone thought it was an account issue so have all the account stuff sorted, have changed SIMs, restored phone etc etc etc .......... but while browsing another forum the other day I found someone else who was having the same issue.

Please see their detail below & my response - I'm hoping someone can help with my point(s) made & help to find a solution.
Link for the full thread here: MMS Issue - Post 4.3.1 Jailbreak - MacRumors Forums

Many thanks.

Original Post:

So this is probably my own fault but I figured I may as well ask here to see if anyone has an easy fix before I restore my iPhone and start from scratch...

So I jailbroke my iPhone 4 using redsn0w and all went well. However, I brought over my old SMS database file along with the folders "Drafts" and "Parts"...everything that was in var/mobile/library/SMS. I pulled these off my previously jailbroken phone that was on 4.1

Soooo, everything works just fine and dandy, except for MMS messages. I will be alerted that I am receiving them, but basically an empty file appears with it in the SMS app. And the little blue arrow, that normally reveals the attached picture pointing to the right is all squished.

I know a restore will probably fix it, but I was hoping someone may have an easier fix that will save me a few hours.

Thank you!

My reply:

Hi all,

Hoping somebody can offer me a bit of advice regarding this MMS issue - will try to keep the details as brief as possible....

Factory unlocked iP4. All features previously worked fine. Jailbroke phone after a few months & had a few issues with the camera roll, so made copies of all my essential data (including the SMS folder as mentioned above), cleared the phone down, put data/folders back & re-virginised.
Since then I have had the same MMS issue. Assumed it was a carrier/account issue as I only noticed it when I changed from o2 to Vodafone. Vodafone have done all checks & state it's the hardware/software. ........ So does anyone know of any way I can fix this issue without re-jailbreaking? If I eed to re-jailbreak to change/update the above-mentioned folders, could somebody please provide me a bit of a step-by-step guide at all, please? I don't want to mess anything else up!!!!

Hope somebody can help!! & thanks in advance for any advice.

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Just did a clean restore & didn't solve the issue ..... although instead of freezing during the sending process, it did actually time out & give me an error message ...... :-/

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner