Hey, Timhewitt,

Here are some facts you may not be aware of:

The World Health Organization classified the microwave radiation emitted from cell phones as possibly carcinogenic - also this category of possible cancer causing substances includes DDT and lead.

The WHO based its finding upon an industry-funded 10 year long international study which DID show a correlation between glioma (a deadly brain cancer) and 10 years of cell phone use at 30 mins a day.

There have been hundreds of peer-reviewed, published studies done by independent researchers (with no connections to industry) showing damage to men's reproductive organs as well as reduced bone density in the hip on the side on which the phone is carried in a pocket. For the women in your life, please don't let them stash or use their cell phones in their bras as women are developing breast tumors at the site of the antenna.

The tobacco industry had ad campaigns encouraging people to smoke claiming it was good for them! If you choose to believe the cell phone industry's propaganda over the precautions issued by the world's leading scientists, that is your choice.

But, please folks - keep cell phones away from the heads and bodies of your children...... because if it is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that cell phones do cause cancer, it will be too late.
    09-02-2012 01:14 PM
    Just because the WHO says something, that does not establish it as fact. Anything coming out of a self-professed organization claiming to want to "better the world" is more about establishing means of controlling others while enriching their cronies and themselves.
    Exxod and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-02-2012 01:23 PM
    Every electronic device emits some sort of radiation; in this day and age, there's no way to escape that. Your computer and TV give off electromagnetic radiation, as do high-voltage transmission and distribution lines; your microwave gives of, you guessed it, microwaves, and so on. Then there's Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, FM/AM, cellular, etc. We're all exposed to these constantly. Who knows, maybe in a couple hundred years, we'll all be hideously mutated. But until there's actual evidence saying that my iPhone's going to kill me, I'll be holding on to it.
    09-02-2012 02:03 PM
    Sorry LabRat4SAR, you can preach your misinformed paranoia to someone else.

The WHO lost all their credibility with me over two decades ago when they became primarily a political lobbying group out to change the world and stopped doing critical medical research.

Today they support pop science and non peer reviewed papers that fit their agenda. I get enough of that from other sources, I don't need it from the WHO as well.
    kch50428 and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-03-2012 12:17 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD