Secret to un-doing screen change?

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to iPhone, coming from BlackBerries and Androids. I have a question and I hope someone has an answer -

On my new iPhone4, more than a couple times while I've been either browsing or typing, I touched the screen and suddenly I was somewhere else. This has happened after writing a lengthy email (and having it totally disappear) and being deeply involved in a website and having that vanish.

How can you go back to where you were in these instances without having to start all over again. I realize there are back buttons in each app - but where it is in email and where in Safari? Just to recoup a specific screen when it has been vaporized unexpectedly would be such a plus.

This is enough of an issue to return the iPhone. I'm still within my 30 days. :confused:

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well a big feature about the iPhone 4 is it's multitasking bar, if you see that your screen has 'vanished', double tap the home button and a bar will pop up from the bottom and it will be all the apps that you have been on, simply click the app you want and it should go back to where you left off. Also, you're going to want to close your apps to save battery power so when you double tap your home button, tap and hold an all icon and a red circle in the left hand corner with a minus sign should appear, tap the red circle to close each app. It's the same as with an android phone when you 'kill' the apps.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I am curious on how you say you lost everything in the email. When I write an email and press the wrong button, if I go back into the email program, my stuff is still there. I can't delete an email I was writing by mistake since it will ask me if I want to save it in drafts automatically.

I do know that if I am typing an email after sharing something via the photo app, I have to go back in to the photo app to pick up where I left off, not the email app.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm new to iPhone, coming from BlackBerries and Androids. I have a question and I hope someone has an answer -

On my new iPhone4, more than a couple times while I've been either browsing or typing, I touched the screen and suddenly I was somewhere else. This has happened after writing a lengthy email (and having it totally disappear) and being deeply involved in a website and having that vanish.

How can you go back to where you were in these instances without having to start all over again. I realize there are back buttons in each app - but where it is in email and where in Safari? Just to recoup a specific screen when it has been vaporized unexpectedly would be such a plus.

This is enough of an issue to return the iPhone. I'm still within my 30 days. :confused:

Did the apps crash and close on you or what happened?

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Also, you're going to want to close your apps to save battery power so when you double tap your home button, tap and hold an all icon and a red circle in the left hand corner with a minus sign should appear, tap the red circle to close each app. It's the same as with an android phone when you 'kill' the apps.

Not to nitpick LOL, but only certain apps, like Pandora or the iPod, might need to be closed to conserve battery. Apple's multitasking isn't true multitasking like Android or Blackberry, as it just freezes the apps where you left off as opposed to having them run in the background. Apps that have the ability to run in the background, however, should be closed to help save battery power.

Or so Apple says... it hasn't been proven either way. I personally close nothing and get 36 hrs out of my battery...

Anyway, back on topic LOL. Are the apps crashing (you end up back at the homescreen)? Are you in one app and then all of a sudden in a completely different app? What exactly happens?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I don't think the apps are crashing because usually apps that came with the iPhone don't crash very often.

No they don't often but they do.

You don't need to close apps to save battery power. Even the iPod and music apps like Pandora are not "running" when you leave them unless they are playing music in which case it is only playing the music and using the audio channel.

Last edited:

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Turned out on that email, it got sent! Have no idea how that happened (like what I accidentally touched) but that's what I did. Thank you forth information about going into the bar where recently used apps are displayed hadn't thought about that. I'm learning, even if slowly. Thank you for the tips.

jnewell

May 22, 2011
Visit site
It's a funny thing but I have somewhat similar experiences. Compared to my DX and SF, the iP4 touchscreen is uncommonly sensitive, possibly too sensitive. :) I am getting used to it, no worries.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner