Chickend Out of getting iPhone 4...confused

icehead13

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I walked into the Verizon store with the intent of getting a New White iPhone 4,but i got to looking at the Droid phones and the thought of the New iPhone coming out in a few months and thought i should wait. Any one else getting more confused. I thought the Droid Charge was nice, but the Ive had a Evo before and know they suck power. Just trying to figure it out.

Reactions: SEOTools

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
the droid's tend to be a bit of a power hog, and im not sure how the newest 4g models will fare.

as far as the iphone 4, vs the iphone 4s, or whatever they're calling it. either jump in and purchase one now and dont overanalyze your decision, or if you can wait wait. the newer model in a few months, released anywhere between june and who knows when, will be better, most probably faster, and perhaps a different/bigger/better screen. without us knowing, we wount be able to give any advice on the "next" iphone.

tl;dr:
basically, i dont like Android. Got burnt by the Samsung Fascinate never getting updates.
if you cant wait, then go buy an iphone 4... if you can wait, the new model should come out within the next few months. WWDC (apples dev conference) is in the beginning of june. there SHOULD be some details come WWDC.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I walked into the Verizon store with the intent of getting a New White iPhone 4,but i got to looking at the Droid phones and the thought of the New iPhone coming out in a few months and thought i should wait. Any one else getting more confused. I thought the Droid Charge was nice, but the Ive had a Evo before and know they suck power. Just trying to figure it out.

Go with your gut.

I was in the same situation, but I fell for the white iPhone and got it. No regrets.

I'd say wait until the new iPhone comes out and then decide on that vs. a Droid phone.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

iPhones are pretty good about holding value. If you're already a Verizon customer with a data contract look for used ones on Craigslist. That route is great but probably not many used white phones.

I am sticking with iPhone and sold my Droid X a few days ago because I use a business app that syncs between phone and tablet but Adroid has some great features too.

BTW: I never had the bad battery life with my Droid X and I'm sure it's because I used the widgets to turn off radios (WiFi, Bluetooth) and GPS when not needed. I miss widgets, the navigation and screen size.

Make a list of what's important and maybe that will help you decide which platform.

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I think it is worth waiting a few weeks for WWDC. Of course waiting can become a paralyzing trap as there is always something better just around the corner, but waiting a couple of weeks to get a better view of Apple's plans seems reasonable. If nothing else, getting an Apple-clarified step closer to the next iPhone will just push used iPhone 4 prices down (I hope).

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Personally I would wait for the announcement of the iPhone before making a final decision. It sucks to get technology and then the latest and greatest comes out a month later. See what the new iPhone will have to offer and if it's for you then wait, if not get the 4.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think you're wise to wait...I've come close to getting a 4, and after having a first-gen, a 3G and now a 3GS, I'm surprised I didn't get the latest. Lots to love, but to get a 4 when a new phone (rumors suggest a world phone too), I'd be kicking myself.

jmgilliam#IM

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I wondered about the same thing... But after going ahead and getting the iPhone4 (VZW) - I really couldn't imagine needing anymore power/speed. I do mostly msging, email, browsing web, business apps and they are plenty fast. Yes, if it was 4g the net would be faster when out on road, but when on wifi its really fast.

Go with your gut - either way you'll be pleased.

Blackbelt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
After 2 horrible years on Android and windows phones my wife and I finally reached out and bought the IP4 and have never and will never look back.
After all getting any other phone is exactly it is "looking back and settling for less".
We are perfectly prepared to sell and switch to the new IP when it arrives.
iP4 is by far the best smart phone available today and the experience of using it is beyond words.

iPad, 2 IMac(s), Mac pro , IPhones.

Reactions: SouthernBelle#IM

CherryDanish

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing , should I wait/not I decided to get the 4 a few weeks ago and think it's by far the best phone I ever had. No one really knows when the 5 will be out and how soon after it comes out we will actually be able to get it (I mean without camping in a line for a week) I say go for it ! :)

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
If you want it then just get it. If you are willing to wait potentially for up to another 4-5 months from the rumors then wait.

wifeypoo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
My husband has the Evo, and I just got the (long awaited) white iPhone 4.

I LOVE the iPhone, and was pleasantly surprised when I realized how long the battery lasts. The Evo sucks battery FAST, but my husband LOVES the phone. Android is definitely a close competitor with iPhone, and each has its pros and cons.

But, frankly, I'd have to say the iPhone ultimately takes the cake. The battery life is excellent, it may not be 4g (which is LIGHTNING fast, if you're in an area that supports it. we are in DC, so it works well here), but it runs super smooth, and if apps are your thing, consider that while Android may have "more" apps available, Apple's apps have to go through an approval process to make it to their app store. Android's don't. My husband says that while there are many great apps for Android, there are thousands that just suck.

One more thing: when I was still considering whether to wait for the new generation of iPhone, or to buy the 4 (either would be my first iPhone), I received lots of advice from people. The one thing I took to heart was that, it's an iPhone, you'll be happy with it, whether it's the newest one or not.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
If you can, I would wait. WWDC is only a few weeks away. I love the iPhone 4 but you don't want to pick something up that you regred because you couldn't wait for a few weeks.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I wondered about the same thing... But after going ahead and getting the iPhone4 (VZW) - I really couldn't imagine needing anymore power/speed.

True, but the one thing I worry about from my Android days is the next OS update. Obviously iOS 5 will be butter smooth on the new iPhone. But what about the iPhone 4?

Another consideration is that VZ is currently offering unlimited 4G data plans at just $30/month. So if you hop onto a 4G Android phone now and lock in the unlimited data, then that may provide some insurance against the carriers moving away from an unlimited plan. Nothing is written in stone, but usually the carriers will grandfather the unlimited plans as long as you stay with them. But nobody knows how long this deal is going to last, how much the new plans will be, etc.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Had the Droid X since it was released last July. Loved it! In spite of the hoards of competing Android smartphones on the market since that time, the Droid X is still one of the most advanced. There will be a Droid X2 soon, no front facing camera though, with upgraded capabilities that will make it again the top of the heap. Others with dual core processors are on the horizon, getting ready for LTE/4G.

If you are in the market for an Android, be sure to check the operating system. The higher the number, the better the OS and the better the battery life. Many new Android smartphones are being released with earlier OSs. Gingerbread (OS 2.3) is coming out shortly. I ran the GB leak and it's awesome. Anything less is, well, less...

Now have a white iPhone4 and love it, too. Took some major getting used to -- works a lot differently than the Androids. But does a great job, great battery life and impressive capabilities.

jnewell

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Droid X, Fascinate and iPhone4 here. All good phones, all slightly different, many pluses and minuses. This may sound crazy, but the thing that gripes me most about the iOS vs. Android? The scarcity of aftermarket keyboards. I live by SwiftKey and have real trouble with the keyboard on the iPhone! :D Reality is that there will always be a newer, faster, "better" phone around the corner.

icehead13

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Well i got it narrowed down between the White iPhone 4 or a HTC Thunderbolt. I was also considering waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S II. Going back to look at both the HTC and iPhone today. I sort of laughing at myself for making this stressful, but to me 2 yrs is a lot to invest. Plus i'm wondering when Verizon is going to stop their unlimited plans.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro