Hello Guys, I've 2 iPhone 4, 1 is bought from India & other one from Dubai.
    The iPhone4 from Dubai won't show Facetime ON/OFF option in settings while the one from India says "Waiting for activation"
    How do i fix this thing ? Help appreciated..
    05-21-2011 05:40 AM
    iPhones sold in Dubai have the FaceTime featured disabled because of the internet laws in the country. All iPhones sold in Dubai do not have FaceTime.
    05-21-2011 12:42 PM
    Hey, first of all.. thanks for the reply buddy!
    Okay, now that i know its band in Dubai.. What option do i have to make it work in India ?
    05-22-2011 08:13 AM
    I have the same problem in Canada ..... FaceTime only works if you use wifi! I did hear if you jailbreak it, that fixes it?
    05-22-2011 09:51 AM
    I have the same problem in Canada ..... FaceTime only works if you use wifi! I did hear if you jailbreak it, that fixes it?
    Jailbreaking alone does not "fix" that... you need to add an app from Cydia for that... I think the app is called something like 3G unrestrictor...
    05-22-2011 11:25 AM
    Also, it's not broken in the first placeFaceTime has always been wifi-only by design.
    05-22-2011 01:54 PM
    Where are the iPhone Guru's at ?
    Someone please adivice
    05-22-2011 03:43 PM
    You could try this: Restore Facetime on Middle Eastern iPhone 4 Kush's Blog

There is also something similar called FaceTime Hacktivator that might help. BUT if you are using it in a country that allows FT, you can probably get it activated via Apple or a carrier settings update. Good luck!
    05-22-2011 03:52 PM
    Thanks i'll definately check the link above.
    BTW, i live in India and it allows FT, how do i get it activated via Apple and the carrier settings update? Any detailed explanation ?
    Sorry but i'm a newbie to this.
    05-22-2011 08:09 PM
    Jailbreaking alone does not "fix" that... you need to add an app from Cydia for that... I think the app is called something like 3G unrestrictor...
    Thanks I didn't know that! I will check that out
    05-22-2011 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD