Do you remember the days of writing with a pen or pencil? I just realized that with my computer, laptop, smartphone and tablet I have become so used to my thoughts being written at the speed I think them because I'm typing. Now writing feels so slow and I get frustrated. I honestly can't remember the last time I wrote something longer than a two line note. I mean actually write without using an electronic device.
    05-20-2011 03:00 PM
    I think that's one of the things I prefer with my online class over my face to face students - even when I correct their "papers," it's digital. I can't wait until I can do that with everything. And oh, the advantages of students typing everything so that you don't have to struggle with their handwriting!
    05-20-2011 03:19 PM
    Yes I know you should see my brother's writing It makes me sad just looking at it LOL
    05-20-2011 03:42 PM
    I know what you mean. I was writing a note in a birthday card for my fiance' and it literally seemed like it took forever and was frustrating as heck.
    05-20-2011 03:44 PM
    I worked on a laptop today for a friend of mine and I needed to write out a note of everything I did. I wrote two sentences and then wrote look out for my email LOL it seemed like it was taking FOREVER to write the damn thing.
    05-20-2011 03:48 PM
    I still write down all of my JB stuff, as a back-up. Unfortunately, i never learned to type. In my school it was only offered to girls. I'm pretty good with two or four fingers though!
    05-20-2011 04:06 PM
    I have a small notebook that I used in board meetings to take notes. Then afterwards I'll convert those notes to a document file, lol. But that's about the extent of my physical writing.
    05-20-2011 04:36 PM
    I write ALL the time. Then again, I just graduated college, so most of my work there was hand-written (because the desks were those stupid teeny ones that have a hard time fitting a Macbook :c ), and art is my profession... so I've either got a pen or pencil or paintbrush in my hand most of the day. I am seriously the only person I know that still writes in cursive Handwriting is so personal, and so unique... I'm sad to see it go by the wayside
    05-20-2011 05:18 PM
    I write ALL the time. Then again, I just graduated college, so most of my work there was hand-written (because the desks were those stupid teeny ones that have a hard time fitting a Macbook :c ), and art is my profession... so I've either got a pen or pencil or paintbrush in my hand most of the day. I am seriously the only person I know that still writes in cursive Handwriting is so personal, and so unique... I'm sad to see it go by the wayside
    Tell me about it I loved my handwriting but now I've gotten lazy but if I needed to I atleast have nice writting. My brothers and other people I've seen of the younger generation Yikes!!!!
    05-20-2011 05:23 PM
    yeah, my sister has the same handwriting she had in 3rd grade... I checked it out. it's actually kinda funny. What's funny is she's also really smart (physical therapy major!) She still does that "oops, I made a lowercase H, let me put the stick on the right side... there! it's capitalized!" thing. Like... really?? LOL. Cracks me up every time...
    Last edited by chirmer; 05-20-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: message made a weird smiley face :S
    05-20-2011 05:26 PM
    Do you remember the days of writing with a pen or pencil?
    Yup. I call that today. The act of writing helps me commit things to memory.
    05-20-2011 06:30 PM
    It's gotten even worse for me. I use the app HeyTell instead of messaging. Don't even have to write.
    05-20-2011 10:22 PM
    Yeah, now writhing on the electronic device make many people even forget the handwriting, and of course no need to worry the bad or good handwriting, LOL, lazy to move a hand, but buzy to move fingers.
    But I still write somthing always as work need~
    05-20-2011 10:55 PM
    ...The act of writing helps me commit things to memory.
    Same here. I don't know what it is, either thinking back on how much more time it took to write it vs. type it, or just the fact that I was writing that helps me remember whatever it was that I needed to remember.
    05-20-2011 11:38 PM
    How is the experiment going?
    05-21-2011 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD