My old phone I had distribution lists setup within my contacts. I.E. a jokes list and Family list, so on so forth, so if I wanted to send these individuals the same text I could just pick that list/group as per the text I was sending. I have seen and installed the app "GROUPS", it doesnt perform this function, it will more or less help manage your contacts it puts them in groups but you can't pick the list itself.

Is there an app that will allow the user to make a groups/distribution lists, so I can choose the list vice having to pick each individual? IP4, iOS 4.3.3, not jail broken.
    05-20-2011 11:30 AM
    Im not aware of an app that will do that, but I will do some research and see If I can find anything for you
    bigjoe2675#IM likes this.
    05-20-2011 02:01 PM
    I have been looking for this as well, this is the one thing I miss from my BB days, It's the only platform that does this well, which I don't understand, didn't think it was that difficult.
    05-20-2011 02:28 PM
    Possible workaround: First, make sure Group Messaging is enabled in Settings-Messages. Then create a text for Family, manually adding each member. Send that text. I believe that if you now go back into your Messages app, you'll find you can continue to use that group to send more SMS without having to re-enter the names every time.

Not perfect, but it might work for you.
    05-20-2011 03:23 PM
    The only problem that i can see with this solution is if you don't want one of the "group" to receive a particular message. I have a large family, and keeping the peace wouldn't be easy.
    05-20-2011 04:15 PM
    the only problem that i can see with this solution is if you don't want one of the "group" to receive a particular message. I have a large family, and keeping the peace wouldn't be easy.
    lmbo!!!!!!
    05-20-2011 09:35 PM
    Group Text SMS for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You can make lists within the app then you choose the list and type out the sms and it will send out the message to everyone on that list.
    05-20-2011 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD