Hi everyone, thinking back to my BB days when I put my phone in my pouch it used to put the phone to sleep and lock it. This obviously worked off a magnet built into the pouch. I really miss this feature. Does anyone know of an app that would maybe do this from the sensor when I slide my iPhone into it's leather pouch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-20-2011 02:23 AM
    What sensor? How would it identify your leather pouch versus any other nearby object?
    05-20-2011 06:33 PM
    It's called a button. It's on the top of the iPhone. Click it, and your iPhone goes to sleep! Problem solved.
    05-20-2011 06:54 PM
    In fairness, the iPad does do something like this with the smart cover. I don't think anything has been made like that for iphones.
    05-20-2011 07:30 PM
    Hi everyone, thinking back to my BB days when I put my phone in my pouch it used to put the phone to sleep and lock it. This obviously worked off a magnet built into the pouch. I really miss this feature. Does anyone know of an app that would maybe do this from the sensor when I slide my iPhone into it's leather pouch?

Settings/General/Autolock will turn off the display after x minutes of inactivity. You can also set a passcode (which should always be set.) Short of this, no other way.
    05-20-2011 10:20 PM
    Thanks guys

05-23-2011 01:54 AM
    I agree with grunt0300 just use the sleep button at the top of the iphone. thats what its there for
    05-23-2011 06:26 AM
    I agree with grunt0300 just use the sleep button at the top of the iphone. thats what its there for
    After a few days you will be doing this automatically without thinking and it will be all one fluid motion.
    05-23-2011 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD