Which Google products use you?

Google Services

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I used to just use it for mail; ironically, it was getting an iPhone that really made me start using more Google services. Now I sync my mail, contacts, and calendars through Google, use their maps (love Street View) and voice search, and use Google Voice for VoIP apps. It's been so easy that when I decided to buy a domain, I used Google to do it, running all my site mail, calendars, etc with Google Apps. Finally, Google Authenticator and Two-Step Verification helps me keep it all safe.

Those guys should put me on a billboard.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I think in my case, the question should be raised, "Which Google product do you NOT use?"

If the Android devices supported better battery life, I'd have one of those, too.

PS: Why do you not like Google?

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Coming from Android, I have used a lot of Google services. I now just use gmail, search, calendar, maps, and voice. I hope that someone makes a Google docs app.

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Just gmail & calendars. And search. Was using Chrome browser but back to Firefox now.

Google maps are great for general use, but i really use Navigon to get me anywhere unfamiliar.

To be honest, i'm a bit lazy about switching over to anything else right now. It's not so much being a fan of gmail and calendars anymore. And its simple to use google sync on iphone.

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Google mail, calendar, chrome, Picasa, reader, analytics, (other SEO and marketing tools), search ofc, maps.
I think I only don't use chat, because its not a popular platform among my contacts, otherwise I would.
But I'll never turn to android. Just don't trust it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i_kkk

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The choices in the roll is too little. I use Gmail, Google Reader, Google Translate, Google Maps and Google Search very very often.

Pimp Lucious

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
I love Google!

I use:

GMail
Google Voice
Google Maps
Google Earth
Google Search

Same here plus Google Shopper, Goole Nav, Google Music and Google Docs on occasion. Google is upfront about its business model and usually sides on the side of the consumer over the industry. It also corrects its privacy misteps with a quickness. Hating Google is silly.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think in my case, the question should be raised, "Which Google product do you NOT use?"

If the Android devices supported better battery life, I'd have one of those, too.

PS: Why do you not like Google?

OK I'm gonna elaborate why I hate Google since everyone wants to know:D I have to preface this by saying it's a personal choice and personal opinion. I don't ever try to stop people from using the service and don't mind the reasons people use it as is evident by this thread. So telling me my personal choice is silly or trying to persaude me otherwise is just well silly.

I have a problem with Google because they are a company like every other. Their purpose is to make money, they provide services TO make money. I hate the fact they sugarcoat it as if they are some peace loving hippies and they just want to do what's good for the customer. This to me is bull, like Ren? says they provide free services because the customers are the product. They sell you and your info to advertisers. So they don't care about customers more than the fact that customer+info=???$

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I have GMail for all personal email. I LOVE Goggle Voice!! Best App EVER!! IMHO.:D

I use Calendar and Contacts strictly for back up. Not crazy about the idea but you always need a back up.;) Some of the same reasons as Ipheuria.

I haven't gotten into GDocs yet. Yes I did use GBuzz AND GWave.:cool: GWave was actually a great idea for collaborating, It was just poorly implemented IMHO.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I like Google Voice since I work underground where there is no cell signal (for AT&T anyway). It lets me get my rare voice mails.

I tried Chrome when it first came out- hated it.

I like Google voice search on the iPhone- usually very accurate.

So my list is G-Mail, Google Voice, Google Maps, Google Checkout, Google Docs, forced to use Google Calendar for some functions at work, and I occasionally look at Google Earth.

Oh, and G-Maps Pedometer, for cycling.

Last edited:

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Google chrome and Gmail is the best products google has. I would like to see Apple make a competitor for Gmail, I think it would be pretty awesome :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
buzz was supposed to be a twitter killer, but it committed suicide lol

best quote ever LOL I think neither Google or Apple get twitter even though they try to hence Ping. The problem is in order to use Buzz it was through the GMail interface I think? and in order to use Ping it is through iTunes. This was the fail, if they had clients like Twitter does it would have been so much better they already had celebs on Ping then you could comment about songs etc. It would have been a much better implementation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73