Which Google products use you?

Google Services

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I use and have used all of the above. I teeter totter between MobileMe and Gmail, both for e-mail (I still have a coveted .mac address and don't want to give it up), and the CalDAV-based calendar is actually pretty danged excellent and reliable. Love the MM contacts too. It's agonizing.

mwcarper13

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I started using Chrome this spring and never looked back. Sorry, but the extensions/tabbed browsing far outpace Safari's. I'm not a huge fan of the bookmarks, especially the mandatory favicons in the toolbar, but all things considered, I'm chrome 'til I die.

Plus Gmail, which i use both personally and for my previous two jobs. Google Earth is great for calculating distances (for running.)

And...I'll be picking up a Droid.:) Sorry, but until Virgin Mobile picks up the iPhone (ha) I've got to go cheap.

anon(5298)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
best quote ever LOL I think neither Google or Apple get twitter even though they try to hence Ping. The problem is in order to use Buzz it was through the GMail interface I think? and in order to use Ping it is through iTunes. This was the fail, if they had clients like Twitter does it would have been so much better they already had celebs on Ping then you could comment about songs etc. It would have been a much better implementation.

For the record you are able to use Google Buzz via Google Maps (at least for Android) but I agree it is still pointless...

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I use gmail, contacts, calendar, docs, adsense, analytics, and YouTube.

Google knows who I email, what websites I have and how few people view them. That said, I'm ok with the data they have on me.

Sketso

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I voted for Gmail, as it's still the best setup out there for free mail (IMO), and I use their search engine (not listed) and Google Voice (not listed) as well.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I always use Google for its search engine. I did try Bing for a while but just never caught on. I've been using GMail ever since I got an invite from a friend of mine back in its early days. It's everything I want in email, and doesn't seem to be as cluttered or "annoying" as Hotmail and Yahoo mail once were. (I say once were because I have no idea how these mail systems are currently - I've not had a reason to check them out!).

Recently I've started to use Google Docs and Google Calendar for a political organization that I help maintain the website for. For us, the simplicity of being able to manage information and data is a plus, whether or not I'm losing part of my soul for it.

I also loved, loved, loved Google Voice back when I had the situation of having to switch phone providers/numbers often. It allowed me to keep my contacts and able to give out just one number to my friends and family instead of making them use a different one every few weeks. Also, when I was without phone service for a short period, I was still able to send and receive SMS messages via Google Voice, which was a huge help!

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm starting to wean myself from Google services. Not just because I don't like them, because I do like atop or services. The thing is that I'm finding alternatives to their services that work better. And I'm also finding that Google doesn't update a lot of the services regularly.

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Let me see here:

3 google email addresses
Google Voice
Google Docs
Google +
Google Maps
Google Buzz (not so much these days though)
Google Chrome
A netbook with Google Chromium installed
Google Reader
Google.com
Google Music

I think that about covers it. I used Wave until they bailed on it. It worked really well for collaborative school projects. I use Google Docs now, but it's lacking. I'm rather entrenched in the googleverse.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
OK I'm gonna elaborate why I hate Google since everyone wants to know:D I have to preface this by saying it's a personal choice and personal opinion. I don't ever try to stop people from using the service and don't mind the reasons people use it as is evident by this thread. So telling me my personal choice is silly or trying to persaude me otherwise is just well silly.

I have a problem with Google because they are a company like every other. Their purpose is to make money, they provide services TO make money. I hate the fact they sugarcoat it as if they are some peace loving hippies and they just want to do what's good for the customer. This to me is bull, like Ren? says they provide free services because the customers are the product. They sell you and your info to advertisers. So they don't care about customers more than the fact that customer+info=???$

^^^This &...

They are amassing so much data it's hard to comprehend.
I'm wary of what it might be used for in the future.

Great products that are free?
If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

The_colombian

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I use gmail
chrome on my computer
voice to call home because it's cheaper than skype
talk is the only chat client that will work on a government computer
Have a xoom tablet I love
Google contacts
Google calendar to keep my employees on my schedule.
And occasionally use google docs.
Had two android phones but changed from sprint to Verizon

itsmeev

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have:

Maps
Gmail
Google Search
Google Translate
Places
Chrome on my MBPro. (Actually, I switch between Safari and Chrome)

I wish there is an iOS 4 version for Google Finance as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods