iPhone 4 in your pocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
naked, pocket & no insurance for this kid!

i figure by the time i have paid for premiums and a deductible i'm not too far away from a used device anyways.. if i have to buy a new one, oh well. nice things come with a price, can't go through life worrying about everything all the time

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
This is the first time I ever got insurance. I usually don't worry about it. I have my first vzw cell I got way back when and it still looks new. I have just heard horror stories about the glass breaking so I figured wth.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I would be too nervous about not having some sort of protection on my phone. The phone is too gorgeous for me to get it scratched or dinged. I would also like to sell it when it is time to get the newer model.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
The selling thing I understand. But you guys say the phone is so beautiful and it's to beautful to put a scratch in, but then you hide the beautful phone in cases. Most of which are hideous lol. That's what I'm confused about lol

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The selling thing I understand. But you guys say the phone is so beautiful and it's to beautful to put a scratch in, but then you hide the beautful phone in cases. Most of which are hideous lol. That's what I'm confused about lol

This is the exact reason why I love my white bumper. Gives it a little style and protects the edges against drops but still lets the phone show its beauty

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I agree with that. The bumpers aren't bad. But theres 2 things that kill that for me. First and for most they don't fit in the dock with the bumper on. And I prefer the dock to the bumper. That and I love the look of the silver band. That and it just feels too bulky with it on to me. I love how it keeps the phone elevated though so that the back glass isn't touching the surface it's laying on

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
No screen protector for me, but I do use a Belkin grip groove case that does attract lint, though not a sign of lint under my screen.

Lylej2k

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
carried in my pocket since day one... no screen protectors, no case... still not a scratch on it... naked iphone rules! :D
Running naked is the only way to go if you ask me, This phone is just so damn sexy!

yes I agree. After Apple did a screen replacement on my 3GS, I started using a belt pouch to avoid the lint issue.
I got a Body Glove belt pouch that I use cuz sometimes I can't just put it in a pocket. I won't put it in any pocket unless it totally empty. With that in mind I also don't put it in my right side pocket. I've had other phone screens get scratched from the rivets that are on the "fifth pocket".

Bought rubber plugs for the dock port and the headphone jack on ebay. Dirt cheap. That would eliminate the problem.
I originally quoted this to ask for a link, but as I continued reading the thread I ran across one and was to lazy to go back and find this one and take it off my quotes list. So here it is anyway! lol

For those who have a naked iPhone, what happens when you drop your phone? Or have you just been lucky not to drop it?
I take extreme care with this phone as I did with my BB Storm2 which I only dropped once, and it was onto my lawn as I got out of the car thankfully. It just takes an addional second to check to see that its either in my pocket or pouch before I stand up out of the car. The 'ol cell phone drop while exiting the car is the one I'm most guilty of. Put it in your lap, forget its there and when you get out of the car all you hear is clackity clack clack! So yeah, just a few extra seconds to make sure its in a safe location. I also don't do any dumb stuff, like add my phone into a juggling routine, tossing the phone to somone so they can use it. Hell even just letting someone use my phone could be dangerous. I don't do any type of balancing or try to build a house of phones, like a house of cards (hey people have done stranger things I'm sure) or something along those lines. LOL

naked, pocket & no insurance for this kid! i figure by the time i have paid for premiums and a deductible i'm not too far away from a used device anyways.. if i have to buy a new one, oh well. nice things come with a price, can't go through life worrying about everything all the time
With my luck, going without insurance is just asking for it. I don't want to have to pay anywhere near new retail price for this device.

This is the exact reason why I love my white bumper. Gives it a little style and protects the edges against drops but still lets the phone show its beauty
Again, I was going to ask for a link here, but I think one may have already been provided, and if not, its not like I couldn't look it up myself. Links are just easier at times, as we all know.

Got me with this one too! This phone is damn smexy and I like how slim it is being a smartphone. (I've had my share of "bricks" lol) My Brother has and Otterbox, and while he needs it for the type of work he does, (and he's a little clumsy but shhh I didn't say that) it makes his phone look SOOOOOO big, especially when you set the 2 phones side by side.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i understand people being on a budget and possibly when they buy an iPhone, accessories, data plans etc.. they are going a little or a lot over what they'd like to spend. however, it doesn't stop there. i was always raised in a manner of if you want to continue to have nice things it's going to cost you. so if that means if my iPhone falls on the ground and smashes into pieces and i have to buy a new one at retail pricing, then so be it. i knew this before getting one and know it every day

i often wonder if some people just buy an iPhone because of different reasons other than the powerful device it was meant to be used for

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
So I have read different things on this, can this be done or not without getting lint under the screen. Can I carry my iPhone 4 in my pocket, not worried about keys or change, just lint, I have the Zag front and back screen protectors.

You can carry your iPhone 4 in your pocket and you can count on your body absorbing a danger amount of radiation. Never have a cell phone against your skin. Always use a holster. while you're at it check out this case. Pong Products - Pong? Case for iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods