I wish I had seen this yesterday! Never again will I have to organize my homescreen after a restore...turns out there's an easy way to get iTunes to do it for you!

Restore Your iPhone Without Losing Your Homescreen Organization - Lifehacker
    BLiNK, Ham Solo and Ipheuria like this.
    05-17-2011 03:33 PM
    i love you
    05-17-2011 03:35 PM
    Very cool. I'll have to remember that.
    05-17-2011 03:47 PM
    lol I thought everyone knew about that. It even has most of your app data
    backed up for restore too.
    05-17-2011 05:19 PM
    I think we all knew about apps and app data, but usually a restore means you have to rearrange your apps by hand. No more!
    05-17-2011 06:14 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something but this just looks like you are restoring from a back up as normal. In that case it has always preserved your home screen layout.
    05-18-2011 09:12 AM
    Maybe I'm missing something but this just looks like you are restoring from a back up as normal. In that case it has always preserved your home screen layout.
    not the times I've done it and believe me I've done it ALOT. I use Pwnage Tool so my firmware is always reloaded from scratch then I restore my backup. Each time I've had to recreate the folders myself. The lucky thing is that I only ever have a handful of apps but this will save me that frustration.
    05-18-2011 09:21 AM
    There seems to be some confusion about thismaybe it has to do with iTunes settings? At any rate, when I restore (as when loading a new firmware), iTunes does NOT initially put third-party apps back on my iPhone. (Maybe because I don't have it set to sync new apps or sync automatically?) Instead, a restore only gives me the default Apple apps, like the linked article saysto get the rest I have to sync once AFTER I restore. That syncs my apps but not the old layoutthat is the situation the article addresses.
    05-18-2011 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD