Keep Springboard Layout After Restoring!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I think we all knew about apps and app data, but usually a restore means you have to rearrange your apps by hand. No more!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something but this just looks like you are restoring from a back up as normal. In that case it has always preserved your home screen layout.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something but this just looks like you are restoring from a back up as normal. In that case it has always preserved your home screen layout.

not the times I've done it and believe me I've done it ALOT. I use Pwnage Tool so my firmware is always reloaded from scratch then I restore my backup. Each time I've had to recreate the folders myself. The lucky thing is that I only ever have a handful of apps but this will save me that frustration. :D

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
There seems to be some confusion about this?maybe it has to do with iTunes settings? At any rate, when I restore (as when loading a new firmware), iTunes does NOT initially put third-party apps back on my iPhone. (Maybe because I don't have it set to sync new apps or sync automatically?) Instead, a restore only gives me the default Apple apps, like the linked article says?to get the rest I have to sync once AFTER I restore. That syncs my apps but not the old layout?that is the situation the article addresses.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice