I haven't been able to find the exact answer, so I'll ask the question.

I want to sync my iphone with outlook and Google apps, so that my calendars are in sync on the desktop and iphone and google. I have google sync installed to get the calendar to the cloud, but it is duplicating all events on the iphone. When I turned on calendar sync on the iphone it asked if I wanted to keep all events, and I chose yes. Therefore the duplicates.

How do I solve this problem. I want only one calendar on the iphone, with all events from outlook and google.

I am using google apps premier, set up as an exchange account.

Thanks.
    05-17-2011 10:45 AM
    I haven't been able to find the exact answer, so I'll ask the question.

I want to sync my iphone with outlook and Google apps, so that my calendars are in sync on the desktop and iphone and google. I have google sync installed to get the calendar to the cloud, but it is duplicating all events on the iphone. When I turned on calendar sync on the iphone it asked if I wanted to keep all events, and I chose yes. Therefore the duplicates.

How do I solve this problem. I want only one calendar on the iphone, with all events from outlook and google.

I am using google apps premier, set up as an exchange account.

Thanks.
    You do not need Google Sync installed to sync your calendar. Once you add your gmail account through exchange, you can choose to sync the calendar and that is it.
    05-17-2011 10:47 AM
    Google sync is for the desktop and outlook. I believe I need it for that.
    05-17-2011 10:51 AM
    You should be able to just enter the server settings in Outlook. (Although why anyone would use Outlook is beyond me.)
    05-17-2011 10:59 AM
    Not sure that I can. The account is set up as an IMAP account.

And, I happen to like outlook. Does everything I need it to.
    05-17-2011 11:00 AM
    Hook up your phone to the pc run iTunes uncheck sync calendar and remove the events. Then sync the calendar via google sync on the phone and all should be good.
    05-17-2011 11:10 AM
    So, there is no way to sync to both? Should I sync both?
    05-17-2011 11:11 AM
    The google sync on the pc will keep them all up to date. So no need to plug in.
    05-17-2011 11:15 AM
    Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

I have both my google and outlook setup as exchange on my phone truth be told I have 5 calendars on my phone. If you want to sync your outlook with Google and then sync to your phone thats fine, I dont do it because I share my google calendar with my wife and my outlook is for work.
    05-17-2011 11:27 AM
    Thanks for this, but that is what I followed, and what duplicated the events.

Right now, I deleted the calendars from iPhone and am syncing with google, not the desktop, as indicated above.

I'll try this for a while.

Thanks, all.
    05-17-2011 11:38 AM
    You will wind up with dupes if you are syncing with Google which syncs with Outlook which syncs to iTunes.
    05-17-2011 01:56 PM
    Thanks. I'll see how this works.
    05-17-2011 02:07 PM
    I'm trying to wrap my tiny head around this - currently, I use the exact same setup: outlook calendar is where I enter all my events, then use google sync to get it to the google apps calendar and I have google sync running on my blackberry...if I enter events on my bb, they sync back all the way to outlook.....now fast forward to where (hopefully) I'm using an iPhone4...how do I achieve the same results?

Sorry if this was mentioned before but I found it quite confusing....
    05-17-2011 02:49 PM
    Same way your doing it.
    05-17-2011 02:55 PM
    I have Outlook set up with google sync, and am (as of right now) syncing my iphone to google, through exchange. I don't sync my iphone calendar with outlook. I did until today, but wasn't syncing to google. Decided I needed my calendar updated with more frequency that twice a day (my sync times).
    05-17-2011 02:55 PM
    I had the same problem when I first got my iPhone 4. For me, the trick was to uncheck some of the calendars that were listed on my iPhone.

Open the Calendar on your iPhone and at the top-left corner click on the button named "Calendars." That takes you to the list of the calendars that are being displayed on your iPhone. I have two categories listed, "All on My iPhone" and "All Exchange." I deselected "All on My iPhone" and selected "All Exchange." Then click "Done."

Voile, duplicate calendar entries are gone as the iPhone only shows one calendar.

I would guess that a similar process would take care of your duplicate entries for now and in the future.

I hope this helps.
    05-17-2011 06:58 PM
    You should be able to just enter the server settings in Outlook. (Although why anyone would use Outlook is beyond me.)
    So I'm curious what you don't like about outlook.
    05-17-2011 08:10 PM
    I think Outlook is more for the business minded than the average person.
    05-17-2011 09:20 PM
    I think Outlook is more for the business minded than the average person.
    I am not sure what that means. I am an average person who happens to have a job and uses outlook at work.
    05-17-2011 11:17 PM
    More people use Outlook at work than at home because it's not free. Personally, I dislike the lack of flexibility, and the organization (.pst), and frequent corruption of email that comes with using Outlook. I much prefer using Thunderbird for my email on all my desktops (Windows or Mac) and prefer dealing with my work email on my iPhone rather than opening Outlook.

I don't know too many people who use Outlook at home - which is why zerog46 suggested it's more for the business minded.
    05-18-2011 06:57 AM
    More people use Outlook at work than at home because it's not free. Personally, I dislike the lack of flexibility, and the organization (.pst), and frequent corruption of email that comes with using Outlook. I much prefer using Thunderbird for my email on all my desktops (Windows or Mac) and prefer dealing with my work email on my iPhone rather than opening Outlook.

I don't know too many people who use Outlook at home - which is why zerog46 suggested it's more for the business minded.
    I decided for sanity sake not to have work email on my phone. I have reclaimed my occasional off days. Best decision I made since switching to the iPhone.
    05-18-2011 11:33 AM
    Are you syncing to google AND Outlook? If you are then that's where you are duplicating I believe. Since you are using Google sync to sync your Google calender to Outlook all you need to do is sync your phone to Google. It all just takes care of itself from there. I would stop syncing Outlook with Itunes.
    05-23-2011 06:14 AM
    That's exactly what I did.
    05-23-2011 11:04 AM
    +1 on this. All you need is gmail ... Email fetch of pop3 servers, instant sync (and backup) of contacts and calendar. You don't need an extra step. Works incredibly smooth. I had Outlook for a while, then realized I was doing "double duty" ... so long Outlook.
    05-27-2011 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD