Possible to get new Text Tones w/o Jailbreaking?

wifeypoo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I have no interest in jailbreaking my phone.

Is there any way, without doing that, to get more Text Tones to choose from? I bought a great Ringtone App, but it doesn't make Text Tones.

If not, do you find it weird that it's not an option? I know Apple likes to keep it simple, but, for real?

Thanks!

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
You have to be jailbroken to make your own text tones. No way to do it stock. At first I cared but now I don't really. I do find it a little wired though

Reactions: wifeypoo

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
JasonG is correct. different sms, email & notification tones can only be achieved by jailbreaking. try it, you might like it!

i also use jailbreaking to to get rid of irritating tones e.g. the message sent tone after sending a SMS or another that comes to mind; that annoying tone when plugging your device into a charger or cable

wifeypoo

May 1, 2011
Visit site
JasonG is correct. different sms, email & notification tones can only be achieved by jailbreaking. try it, you might like it!

i also use jailbreaking to to get rid of irritating tones e.g. the message sent tone after sending a SMS or another that comes to mind; that annoying tone when plugging your device into a charger or cable

I think I'll sit this one out. There's a reason they call it "jailbreaking," and I'm not one to break the rules just to get what I want, regardless of how silly the rule seems.

But thanks for the advice! I'll just learn to be content with what I have. I mean, it's an iPhone after all, how bad can it be? ;)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think I'll sit this one out. There's a reason they call it "jailbreaking," and I'm not one to break the rules just to get what I want, regardless of how silly the rule seems.

But thanks for the advice! I'll just learn to be content with what I have. I mean, it's an iPhone after all, how bad can it be? ;)

lol it's not something illegal. It's your phone and you can use it as much as you'd
like to its capabilities. As a matter of fact there was even a law passed in the
US last year just to make sure that things like rooting or "jailbreaking" devices is legal.

Reactions: BLiNK

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
While it is legal, know that it voids your warranty with apple. Now to get by that of you do wish to jailbreak it, just restore the phone and there's no way for them to tell that it's been jailbroken. Just don't tell them it has been jailbroken lol.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
And I should of added that you wouldn't only need to unjailbreak it if you had to bring it into apple for service

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i think the OP is JB-curious. making a thread about changing SMS tones when clearly it cannot be done under "Apples Rules" tells me so..

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I brought my phone into the Apple store for an email question. The Employee had my phone in his hand when a BiteSMS came in and he just laughed and went back to helping me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW