Wait for iPhone 4gs/5 for Verizon?

palmprenc

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I did a quick search and did not see this asked anywhere. In any case, I am thinking of switching to Verizon as my contract with my current carrier is almost up and I am getting tired of not having service in my house.

In any case, I am considering getting the iPhone and want opinions if waiting for the iPhone 4gs/5 is worth it, or if I should just go ahead with the 4g?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Lol you must not of searched that hard. It all depends on who you are. More than likely they won't release the new iPhone until the fall. So of you can wait 4 or 5 more months then do it. But otherwise if your looking for a new phone right now and don't want to deal with not having service on your house for that much longer then I would go ahead and say buy the iPhone 4. You won't be disappointed and in fact you will be quite satisfied.

Reactions: palmprenc

palmprenc

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks JasonG. My search consisted of me looking at the titles of threads on the first page of results. I guess I was being a bit lazy, but being that it is getting late here, I did not want to spend too much time on it.

From what I have read, it appears that the major differences will be the dual core processor and a better camera. Is there any other rumored improvements. If this is all, it does not sound like I will be missing too much by going ahead and getting an iPhone now.

petersenjp

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
One thing to remember , vzw is dropping their unlimited data... They have said sometime this summer, so if you do wait, you could possibly miss out on unlimited data plans ( if u need /want them)

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
It's ok. Wasn't saying anything bad about it. I totally understand the lazy thing. Some people here think you should search every single posted thread before you post a question. I honestly do not think you would regret getting the iPhone 4. And like what was said before if you wait you might miss out on the unlimited data. I'm grandfathered in on att and I'm glad that I have unlimited data because I sure use it lol

palmprenc

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, my contract is up with my current carrier the beginning of next month, so I will probably make the move then.

It will be a bit bittersweet as I have been with my current carrier for years. But at the end of the day, it's all about the service, and dealing with poor call quality in my house for about 2 years is enough.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I feel ya on that. I paid my way out of verizon for similar reasons, the service in my house want bad but their customer service was horrible. I also paid my girlfriends way out of her verizon contract because verizon was charging her $85/month for a simple POS feature phone and kept raising the bill by a dollar or 2 every month.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Another difference is 4G network, rumors said the next iPhone should be 4G network~
And I am also looking forward to the the 4G!

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got a new white iPhone 4 switching from a thunderbolt and I can tell you that the 4g isn't a great perk yet. It's been down a lot and it drains battery like crazy. Personally I love this new iPhone. It's awesome.

palmprenc

May 16, 2011
Visit site
The carrier I am with now has been great to me over the years and their customer service has been consistently improving (any guesses?). I just can't deal with having to use another device to get service in my house. If they fixed that, I probably would not switch to Verizon. Oh well... it's only money, right?

palmprenc

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Mella, I thought the rumors were that the next iPhone would not be 4G (or the US equivalent) as they were not happy with the technology that allowed for it due to poor performance.

Reactions: M.J.H.#AC

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
The next iPhone won't be 4g or lte. The technology is too new. When you look at the last 3G was around a year or so before the iPhone got it. Lte burns battery life and I don't think apple is willing to decrease battery life. And honestly, how is 3G not fast enough for anyone? It's pretty fast in most areas that your in. Myself I would rather have more 3G coverage first so that I don't have to worry about not having service rather than having 4g/lte

cariduros

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
4G won't be on the new iPhone anyway so if that's what you're holding up for, don't bother. Also, if you are in an environment with an accesible wireless router, then data speed won't be an issue either. This is by far, the best phone I've ever had. I always have 4 or 5 bars (I live in South Florida where Verizon coverage is fantastic.) Also, I was just in St. Maarten and had 5 bars the whole time as well.

palmprenc

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't really holding out for a 4G/LTE version, I was just wondering if the rumored specs - dual core, improved camera, were worth holding out for 5/4s version.

I think that I am going to make the jump once my contract with my current carrier is up. Thanks everyone for the opinions/input.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't really holding out for a 4G/LTE version, I was just wondering if the rumored specs - dual core, improved camera, were worth holding out for 5/4s version.

I think that I am going to make the jump once my contract with my current carrier is up. Thanks everyone for the opinions/input.

You can't always pay attention to rumors. They are not always true anyways. Just go with your gut on buying now or later.

petersenjp

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
As everyone knows. There will always be newer and better. As soon as the 5(4s) comes out, 5(6) rumors will be coming out. The iPhone 4 is amazing. I just switched last week and could not be happier. In my opinion, it blows away any of the competition.

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
As everyone knows. There will always be newer and better. As soon as the 5(4s) comes out, 5(6) rumors will be coming out. The iPhone 4 is amazing. I just switched last week and could not be happier. In my opinion, it blows away any of the competition.

So true. This was the case that I had when I was with Android. Bought an Incredible, next think the Droid X came out. Got a Droid X off eBay, next thing Samsung Fascinate came out.. so on so forth now its Thunderbolt and then the Samsung Charge came out and soon the Motorola Bionic.

All in all what I am trying to get at here is that if you keep waiting for the next best thing you will ALWAYS be waiting. Yes, it is tempting to wait for the newest and greatest thing, but this is the tech world. Newest and greatest generally last 3 or 4, sometimes 5 months at most.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Idk but the iPhone 5 better be something special (or 4s whatever it's going to be called) because this white iPhone is damn sexy and it's going to be hard to get me away from it lol

irishguy0224

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got a new white iPhone 4 switching from a thunderbolt and I can tell you that the 4g isn't a great perk yet. It's been down a lot and it drains battery like crazy. Personally I love this new iPhone. It's awesome.

This.

I have had every phone VZW offers short of the charge and I also have a white ip4 now. It is great. If the "new" iPhone that comes out is ground breaking, i will find my way to get one. But for now, the phone is awesome.

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Granted the next iPhone is not supposed to be lte or 4g compatible but Verizon has said that the next one will be gsm compatible so I will probably make the switch to that wether or not early takers are given a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods