Wait for iPhone 4gs/5 for Verizon?

OMR

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
My 2 cents: Get the iPhone 4 now. It's very fast, smooth and reliable. Plus, you can always sell it if the next generation comes out and you have to have it. I'm very satisfied with mine (had it one week).

BTW: the people on this board are very helpful... unlike some other boards I've been on in thye past.

mi_canuck#IM

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
if you want to enjoy the iphone, get one now... you can't go wrong... rumored that the new iphone (5? 4S?) won't be LTE anyways, so frankly, it won't be a monumental change from the 4, IMO.

at worst, you sell the 4 once the 4S/5 comes out if it has features you simply can't live without... otherwise, the iphone 4, even now, is still by far the best smartphone out there...

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
And honestly, how is 3G not fast enough for anyone?
Seriously? Have you never heard the "640K is more than enough for everyone" quote? :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that 4G is worth holding one's breath for but to say that 3G is plenty fast is short sighted/ignorant/self-centered.

anon(5298)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with the majority here... I was a long time Blackberry user and recently made the switch the a White iPhone 4. I couldn't wait any longer banging my head against the rumor mill and couldn't be happier with my decision. Besides, there is always next year! Oh wait... VZW got rid of one year contracts AND early upgrades!

Mann...

p.Johanna

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I am glad that I found this forum, I like the "vibe". My upgrade is on the 26th. I have had BBs and Droids. Two weeks ago I took the plunge and bought a macbook pro. I fell in love. Im thinking of using my upgrade for the iPhone, because I want to feel that quality phone that I will never have with a Droid, because I fell in love with the feel of my MBP. My dilemma now is like the original post, wait or not to wait? After reading this thread I have decided to buy the White one. Now waiting for the next seven days is going to be torture. Thanks to all on this thread.

palmprenc

May 16, 2011
Visit site
So... just to update everyone. I ended up getting the iPhone 4 today from Verizon. I am still trying to get use to it as I am coming from a Palm Pre- on Sprint. Thanks everyone for your advise/opinions.

Coraya

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey! I got mine the day after you! This past Saturday! I made the jump after 3 years with blackberry. I loved and swore by their devices 24/7. I feel like I could stick with this phone for a full two years without buying something else! It's that great a phone! And this is coming from a person who hated everything about the iPhone a few weeks ago. Just have to be open minded. I'm glad you made the choice to buy the iPhone 4 from Verizon. I have the palm or plus for a few months. This phone is far superior than any other device on the market. Welcome aboard :)

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So... just to update everyone. I ended up getting the iPhone 4 today from Verizon. I am still trying to get use to it as I am coming from a Palm Pre- on Sprint. Thanks everyone for your advise/opinions.

Good move! Unsure of when VZ was going to do away with their unlimited data plans. That would be the main concern unless you already had a smartphone with VZ, then you could wait. The 4G version of the iPhone will be the one you want which probably won't come out until next year.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Good move! Unsure of when VZ was going to do away with their unlimited data plans. That would be the main concern unless you already had a smartphone with VZ, then you could wait. The 4G version of the iPhone will be the one you want which probably won't come out until next year.

From what I'm told data will change in august

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73