I wish I had thrown my Storm away sooner.

A couple of noobie questions:

1. What happens when you have the app screen filled up and you add another app?

2. How do I delete an app?

3. If I buy an app and decide within 5 - 10 minutes I really don't want it is there anything I can do to "return" it... in otherwords, delete it and not get charged?

4. Where can I go to learn how to create and manage folders?

Many thanks...
    05-15-2011 06:33 PM
    I wish I had thrown my Storm away sooner.

A couple of noobie questions:

1. What happens when you have the app screen filled up and you add another app?

It just makes a new screen, but you have folders that can allow you to add even more apps.

2. How do I delete an app?

Press and hold for a couple seconds and then it will start shaking and an x in the corner will appear, press the x and it prompts if you want to delete the app.

3. If I buy an app and decide within 5 - 10 minutes I really don't want it is there anything I can do to "return" it... in otherwords, delete it and not get charged?

Unfortunately, no.

4. Where can I go to learn how to create and manage folders?

Im sure there is a page on how to tips to show you how to do this.

Many thanks...
    Enjoy your iPhone, from an ex-Storm user to another, you'll never look back!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    OMR likes this.
    05-15-2011 06:50 PM
    1 the app goes onto another page up until 10 pages. ( I believe it's 10 pages)
    2 tap and hold an app for a couple seconds and everything will start jiggling. Welcome to jiggly mode. Lol. When their jiggling you will see a red x. Tap the x and it will ask you to confirm the delete. Press home button when your done.
    3 unfortunately no. There are no returns.
    4 google.com. Tipb.com lol. Not much to them though. All you have to do is enter jiggly mode and then tap and hold the app you want to move and move it over another app to start a new folder, or over a current folder to add it to the existing folder. Click on the folder and you can manage the apps inside by moving them out of the folder or delete the app. You can also change the name of the folder by tapping the name field when in jiggly mode when your in the folder. You can also move and arrange every icon on your phone rather it's on the home screen or not. You can move the dock icons around (phone mail safari and iPod). You can move anything to or from the dock. So you could put the messages app in your dock and the iPod app where the messages app is if you want.

And I love this phone. Best phone out there by far, at least by me. And the white one is amazing looking. So is the black one but I prefer the white one. What color did you get and what made you choose iPhone?
    OMR likes this.
    05-15-2011 06:55 PM
    @Jason: Thanks for the info. Both my wife and I have been BB users.... me the Storm and her the Storm2. I did quite a bit of research into where RIM was headed, the Android OS and the Apple OS and decided that the iOS was the best for me. I loved the smoothness and the reliability it offered.... not to mention the amount of good apps available. I chose the black since my wife had inidcated that she preferred the white and would be getting one when her new in 2 came up later this year. She'll probably get the 4S or 5.

I am pleasantly surprised that learning the iOS has been relatively painless... that along with the input of people on this board have made the transition very easy... I don't even miss the lack of LED notifications or the BB pushed email like I thought I would. Just goes to show you can teach an old dog new tricks... I'll be 70 this year.

I'm sure I'll have more questions... thanks in advance!
    05-15-2011 07:29 PM
    Anytime lol. You do know the iPhone pushes email as well right?
    05-15-2011 07:38 PM
    Yep... I do. I've got it set up for an hourly poll. I also understand that Boxcar will push as well.
    05-15-2011 07:59 PM
    Ok, I did see this video on how to return apps. As it states, this is not used to try out a game and then return it.

Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV

The info starts about 2:25 into the video.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Petersenjp; 05-16-2011 at 08:15 AM.
    bgl321 and OMR like this.
    05-16-2011 08:13 AM
    Yep... I do. I've got it set up for an hourly poll. I also understand that Boxcar will push as well.
    Depending on the type of accounts you have or how many you can add them and set them up as exchange for instant push. I did this with my gmail account instead of selecting the gmail option for add new account. Has been working flawlessly since I set it up. I just switched over from long time bberry use as well and I love it!
    OMR likes this.
    05-16-2011 06:47 PM
    Is this the old Storm users forum? lol Been there done that. I'm with you guys, think I will be enjoying this new phone.
    jpg likes this.
    06-14-2011 09:31 PM
    iPhone 4 is a beast of a phone. And yes the Storm did suck ***.
    06-15-2011 01:11 PM
    I just bought my iPhone 4 last week and I am absolutely loving it! I too never thought I'd buy into the hype as well and as someone mentioned, I too don't like where RIM is headed. Very happy with my purchase! My previous phone was a BB Bold 9650. It was a great phone but the iPhone is WAY better!
    06-15-2011 08:19 PM
    Former Storm user here too. I, too am now a drinker of the Steve Jobs Kool-Aid, and am loving every minute of it! LOL! I think the only issues I have with the phone are being resolved when iOS5 comes out, which made my timing to get the iPhone perfect!
    06-16-2011 04:12 PM
    What I find funny is this. Every week, I have reps from Motrola, HTC and LG coming into my shop trying to sell me personally on why I should get rid of my iphone4. For me personally, it was so worth the wait being on Verizon to finally get the ip4. Having started with Blackberry then going to Droid. These guys come in and trash the ip4 for this and that. But the bottom line is? Of all the phones I sell daily either on store on online. The least returned phone I have is the ip4. You have to really do something wrong for it do just "Not Work".

You couldnt get me out of my ip4 if you offered me money as well. It does everything I need and performs amazing. Never an issue with signal, battery or any other complaints.

And yes.....the Storm was rather terrible!!
    OMR likes this.
    06-17-2011 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD