Can't restore iPhone! HELP PLEASE!

method526

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
So I tried to do the sn0wbreeze jailbreak for 4.2.8 and it didn't work out as planned. Now, my phone won't boot, and I can't restore it through iTunes. My error code is 3194. Any idea on how to fix this?

*edit1* iTunes says the phone is in 'recovery mode' but no luck.

*edit2* I tried restoring to a custom 4.2.7 firmware (the latest version of iOS that I was running) and it somewhat worked. Now the phone's telling me to connect to iTunes, and I'm still getting the message that my 'phone's in recovery mode'.

*edit3* I went from a '3194' error to a '1014' error to a '21' error.

*edit4 (hopefully final edit)* Looks like I got it back to 4.2.7 thanks to iREB. So far so good. I appreciate all the help for those that took the time to reply to this thread!

*final edit* I was able to do a full recover to 4.2.8. Running on stock firmware for now. No rush to re-jailbreak at the moment. Thanks again!

Last edited:

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
If reinstalling iTunes doesn't work the. Try editing the host files on your computer. Search the forums for host files and I'm sure you will find instructions on it as a lot of people have been having this problem lately

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Editing the hosts files didn't work? Try using another computer if possible, one that hasnt had a jailbroken device plugged into it. If that's not available make another user name on your computer and redownload the software on the new username and see if that works.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Just seen your edits. Go to apples support page and they will tell you what the codes mean and how you could possibly fix it.

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I had that happen .... I just hit restore, don't hold shift and just completely restore it. Then once it was restored I did the jailbreak again and it worked.

sharra1#IM

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Im having the same exact problem. I even tried to restore to a previous .ipsw that i used successfully before and am getting error code 3194 as well maybe its some with apple

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So I tried to do the sn0wbreeze jailbreak for 4.2.8 and it didn't work out as planned. Now, my phone won't boot, and I can't restore it through iTunes. My error code is 3194. Any idea on how to fix this?

*edit1* iTunes says the phone is in 'recovery mode' but no luck.

*edit2* I tried restoring to a custom 4.2.7 firmware (the latest version of iOS that I was running) and it somewhat worked. Now the phone's telling me to connect to iTunes, and I'm still getting the message that my 'phone's in recovery mode'.

*edit3* I went from a '3194' error to a '1014' error to a '21' error.

*edit4 (hopefully final edit)* Looks like I got it back to 4.2.7 thanks to iREB. So far so good. I appreciate all the help for those that took the time to reply to this thread!

Not sure if you have a Mac, but if you do use pwnagetool. It was the easiest for me lol. I just couldn't jailbreak my iPhone 4 (Verizon) with sn0wbreeze. Kept on getting errors and I am so glad that they came out with pwnagetool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

method526

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you have a Mac, but if you do use pwnagetool. It was the easiest for me lol. I just couldn't jailbreak my iPhone 4 (Verizon) with sn0wbreeze. Kept on getting errors and I am so glad that they came out with pwnagetool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, I don't own a Mac. Strictly PC since I build my own computers. I got it all to work and I was even able to do a full restore (something was a bit "off" with my 4.2.7 restore) so I'm just on stock firmware 4.2.8. I didn't have much on my jailbroken firmware so it won't hurt to wait for a more stable jailbreak for 4.2.8. I heard that if I jailbreak now, it should work, but I'm in no hurry right now. Thanks for the heads-up though!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73