So I've located a VZW iphone on CL and the seller is willing to meet me at a Verizon store to ensure a clean ESN. Got it for a really good price, which worried me a bit at first but I guess I'll see tomorrow.

I stopped into a Verizon store today to play with one in a little more detail, just to make sure I really wanted this thing before buying. I was a little disturbed at something I noticed though.

Is the only way to add a period at the end of a sentence really to have to switch to numbers and then switch back to letters again to continue typing? Is there a shortcut for this? I've had blackberries and am currently using the Pre+ so have never used a virtual keyboard. I'm sure I'll get used to it but come on... no period or question mark on the main keyboard screen? Really??? I must be missing something.
    05-14-2011 08:28 PM
    There is a setting you can select to insert a period any time you hit "space" twice - that will insert the period and a space - and, depending on the app, it may auto-capitalize the next letter typed - some apps have a setting that will allow that.
    safetyguy62 likes this.
    05-14-2011 08:38 PM
    See, I knew I came to the right place! And I knew there had to be a solution.

Thanks!
    05-14-2011 08:48 PM
    Yep. Wow I there wasn't a double space option, I would never use period.
    05-14-2011 09:11 PM
    You can also press on the number key and drag it to the perod as well. I use that for all numbers and symbols.
    05-18-2011 11:14 AM
    Let us know how the whole CL iPhone exchange goes! Hope it goes well!
    05-18-2011 11:55 AM
    period also inserts when you space twice
    05-18-2011 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD