How reliable is google sync with the iPhone, does anyone use it.
    05-13-2011 10:28 PM
    Hi,

I'm not sure if you're asking about the software to sync Outlook or Google's recipe for sync of your calendar, contacts, tasks and messages.

Google Apps Outlook Sync for Microsoft® Outlook – Google Apps

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

Both work fine for me.
    05-13-2011 10:42 PM
    Sorry just asking about syncing google to the iPhone. Does anyone sync multiple calendars and how reliable is it.
    05-14-2011 12:03 AM
    i have google sync to iphone with multiple calendars. i've only had iphone a month or so i had google sync the entire time and for me its been flawless. no issues whatsoever. just works well.
    05-14-2011 01:31 AM
    I've been using Google to sync my calendars and contacts for a few years now. You can't ask any more from a free exchange server.

You can sync your own calendars (however many you want) as well as any shared calendars you have.
    05-14-2011 10:20 AM
    Thanks everyone, set it up and it works great...
    05-14-2011 11:28 PM
    I have found Google sync for calendars to be very reliable, in terms of reflecting identical data on the phone and on the Google Calendar site. However, being Exchange, there is no support for direct control of the colors of the calendars when using the native iOS calendar app, and there are various other small issues that make it less than ideal for syncing multiple calendars. However, I generally live with it, since I share calendars with others and they're all with Google.

I have been a MobileMe/.Mac/iTools user since 2000, and recently gave their updated calendar another try, and I find it dang near flawless. The colors sync on iCal on my Mac, iPhone, iPad, and on the .me website, and after a month I have yet to have anything missing or messed up. A big fan of it so far.
    05-15-2011 12:23 AM
    The answer to control of your colours on multiple calendars on the iPhone is to use a 3rd party calendaring app like CalenGoo. That way you get more Google and less iPhone.
    05-15-2011 10:38 AM
    MobileMe would be the ideal solution but I can't justify 99/year for something google offers for free.
    05-15-2011 10:47 AM
    I use Google Apps, and Calendar, Email, and Contacts work great. I also have Mobile ME. I just wished it was a more reliable service and cheaper, too...
    05-15-2011 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD